Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok quick question for duck hatchers!!!!!! I have my first cayuga duck hatched. it rolled another over just right in the incubator where it had pipped open a whole. It is dead. I took it out real quick when I could see that it had pipped and been rolled over onto it's opening.
Question, for best results, laying down on their side or in a tray????
I think they are suppose to be laid down but maybe find a way so they don't get rolled around.

My thoughts to both of you! I'm sure people will understand why you avoid the talk. It is painful. It is not that you're being insensitive.

I also just wanted to say since sometimes it makes feel insensitive not to respond that I avoid the kid talk because we have been trying for about 10 years with no luck. I'm about at my experiation date on that front, so its a bit of a painful topic. So I'll just apologize all at once for not responding to all the sad and wonderful stories you all have about your lovely and crazy babies.

I am in the same boat as well, except about 5 years. I will be 40 this year, so I believe our animals will be our children at this point. I have come to terms with it, and I love my animals. I kind of keep to myself when it comes to all that talk as well, so since it was brought up, I figured I should say something too.
hugs.gif

Ok quick question for duck hatchers!!!!!! I have my first cayuga duck hatched. it rolled another over just right in the incubator where it had pipped open a whole. It is dead. I took it out real quick when I could see that it had pipped and been rolled over onto it's opening.
Question, for best results, laying down on their side or in a tray????
maybe you could lay them horizontally in an egg tray?
hu.gif
This will be my first time with ducks and turkeys. Should ducks incubate at a higher humidity than chickens?

8 Partridge Barthuhner and Jenny threw in a Blue Columbian Brahma.

cool! congratulations!

I am in the same boat as well, except about 5 years. I will be 40 this year, so I believe our animals will be our children at this point. I have come to terms with it, and I love my animals. I kind of keep to myself when it comes to all that talk as well, so since it was brought up, I figured I should say something too.
I am so sorry. it hurts to want something that much. hugs.

do y'all vaccinate your turkeys for Mareks? I'm ordering 15 poults from ideal they will be butchered for Thanksgiving
lol...butchered @ Thanksgiving
That's what I said when I got my first turkeys two years ago....Phyllis is still here and runs to me for turkey hugs, along with one of her sons.....the rest did not make it to freezer camp, I gave them away. I have bought butterballs even after raising turkeys for the holidays.
gig.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom