Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hennyhandler is cleared to swap again!
thumbsup.gif

I wish I had room in the incubator for them! My RP started laying this week and I am going to have to find someone to set them for me to test the fertility.
hmm.png
do you need fertility checked in some of your beautilul sfh also?
jumpy.gif

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong here are very welcome! I am having trouble with chicks not hatching, they make it clear to lockdown but just don't hatch..... Out of the last three hatches I had 12 make it to lockdown but only had two hatch.... They are fully formed and veins and yolk are gone..... I have 12 more going into lockdown tonight and I really don't want to kill anymore of them......Temp is 99.5 in a forced air with 25-35% Humidity for the first 18 days. The last three days temp is 101 in a still air with 60-65% Humidity. Any ideas??
idunno.gif
drop your temp a little bit in the still air for hatch. I work for a poultry company. Our poultry experts recommend about a 2 degree drop for the actual hatch time. In a still air that would be about 99 degrees. It works for me.

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong here are very welcome! I am having trouble with chicks not hatching, they make it clear to lockdown but just don't hatch..... Out of the last three hatches I had 12 make it to lockdown but only had two hatch.... They are fully formed and veins and yolk are gone..... I have 12 more going into lockdown tonight and I really don't want to kill anymore of them......Temp is 99.5 in a forced air with 25-35% Humidity for the first 18 days. The last three days temp is 101 in a still air with 60-65% Humidity. Any ideas??
idunno.gif
Wish I knew! I've had some of that happening here too. Not consistently, but some batches...
hu.gif

How do the air cells look at lockdown? I wonder if the humidity during the first 18 days might be a hair too low? Just a thought.. I hope you figure it out..

I am going to have to avoid this thread and the swap thread too for a while.. DH found my swap list.
th.gif
I have been officially banned from bidding on, arranging new swaps, side swaps or buying any eggs or birds of any kind until the new coop is finished. Completely finished, not almost finished.. I have pushed my luck to the very limits apparently.. out of control. Anything already in que is fine, of course. He wouldn't expect me not to honor anything I've already agreed to or promised but nothing new.
tongue.gif

Oh boy..
smack.gif

Okay, need quick advice. 20 or so 10 week olds, just put them outside today. In the 20s tonight, 30s tomorrow but suppose to start getting in 40s during the day and 30s at night. They've been without heat in our basement for a few weeks now. They are in a large wooden doghouse, completely draft free. Eaves are open for ventilation but hard wired. Heat lamp or let them tough it out? They are feathered. Need opinions quickly since it is getting dark.

Okay, need quick advice. 20 or so 10 week olds, just put them outside today. In the 20s tonight, 30s tomorrow but suppose to start getting in 40s during the day and 30s at night. They've been without heat in our basement for a few weeks now. They are in a large wooden doghouse, completely draft free. Eaves are open for ventilation but hard wired. Heat lamp or let them tough it out? They are feathered. Need opinions quickly since it is getting dark.
heat lamp for a couple days anyway till they get used to outside
wink.png

If that works for you, that'd be awesome!

I apologize for being a pain. I mistook my school testing date, it's MONDAY! So, I have to cram 6 months worth of info, pick up our shed, get gravel and spread that, set up shed, run electric to it, upgrade the bator, get April's bator back to her, move 30 something birds, the rest of our furniture, food, cooking stuff, dishes and everything else, get my oil changed... all before Monday.
No problem at all, just let me know when to ship them, and that's when I will give you my PP addy
tongue2.gif

Ok....now hopefully something I would like to have will come on the swap thread....Where's those blue cuckoos now rippy? LOL
fl.gif

I sooo don't need any more eggs right now...but.......!

I put mine out without any heat in the growout coop about 7 weeks of age. They have all had weather ranging from 70 degrees to 15 degrees with no issues. My growout coop isn't even full enclosed or draft free. I brood mine outside in a 4 X 4 box with screened windows that are 4" X 8" on each side and just have a heat lamp in the back. By about 5 weeks they spend most of their time completely away from the heat. I turn it off anytime it gets above 60 degrees after about 4 weeks and then turn back on for the cool evenings.

Heat lamp at night only for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom