Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: Awesome! Hope she has a great hatch!
fl.gif

Incubator and hatcher? LOL!

Or buy both and send one to me
wink.png

I went, I came home with the non-roller one. Just couldn't swing the extra $25. Plus, his rollers were pretty beat up. It probably hasn't been used in 20-25 years. It's in need of a good thorough cleaning, some of the parts are rusty. I plugged it in when I got home and was rewarded with the whirr of the fan and the overwelming scent of stale cigarette smoke.
sickbyc.gif

Needless to say, I took the lid off and both pieces are sitting in the garage. Until they're less stinky. I had hoped to be able to use it for my eggs going into lockdown tomorrow, but I don't think I can get it cleaned up by then.

It was an old farmer selling them, complete with plaid flannel shirt, work boots, handlebar mustache and old jeans. "Back in the day" Oregon Dept of Fish and Wildlife would give anybody pheasant eggs as long as they released half.
ep.gif
So he got addicted to hatching.

It looks like all the parts can be purchased as replacements as needed, which is good.

On the down side, it cost all that was left of my Amex cash back reward. So I'm back to watch the swap for a while.
roll.png

Not going to try to read thru all those post. Just an update on whats been going on with my family. My son is in the hospital with severe dehydration from vomiting all day yesterday. He has kidney function problems any way so this doesn't help. He is special needs and the whole situation scares him. Had a hard time getting IV site to start fluids. No vomiting since yesterday. So that is a good thing. Got to go the dr is here. Keep us in your prayers.
so sorry to hear, we have a son who is special needs(not severe, but we also don't know to what degree) I feel your pain, he does not understand when he thinks someone is hurting him.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a reliable hygrometer/thermometer that I can buy for a reasonable amount of money? I bought another incubator for use until we get our cabinet built and the two thermometers that came with it differ from one I have been using by about 7 degrees to 20 degrees. I know mine isn't that far off because my eggs have been hatching and not frying, but the last couple of hatches have been low.

Thanks for any help.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a reliable hygrometer/thermometer that I can buy for a reasonable amount of money? I bought another incubator for use until we get our cabinet built and the two thermometers that came with it differ from one I have been using by about 7 degrees to 20 degrees. I know mine isn't that far off because my eggs have been hatching and not frying, but the last couple of hatches have been low.

Thanks for any help.
I use this hygrometer, I found it at Petsmart.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/170790933597?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

and a themometer similiar to this one, It was square and black, not round and red. Love them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-LCD...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item4d062036e3

This one is more like the one I got.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Digital...040?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e77990990

Last edited:

Thanks for any help.
I use a wireless thermometer that I got from walmart, that does indoor/outdoor temp and humidity, will accept up to three sensors that I place in my inkies and the base sits on my desk so I can monitor temp/humidity. You have to order extra sensors from the manufacturer as walmart doesn't carry them that I have seen. Cost around 30 for the base and one sensor. It's called a springfield precisetemp, and I love it!

Thanks for any help.
I bought one from incubator warehouse and it calibrated perfectly on for temps and 3% low for the hygrometer, which is fine in my opinion. I just make the mental adjustment when reading it. Think it was less than $20 and has a probe on it. Love it.

I have used cheap and expensive and all that pet smart had to offer. I have lost a lot of hatches in the process.... I only use the gqf thermometers that stick into the cabinets for the thermometers and use another one with a wick on the end for the hygrometer. It has perfect readings everytime. All the others you have to re-calibrate constantly and I don't have patience or time to do that. Old fashioned in this case works much better than anything else you can buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom