Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can set the ones that will need heat up at the house. I am trying to not have too many though, because it is a small house and there will be 3 adults and 7 dogs!! For feeding either I can get feed with them when I pick up, or I will feed them the non-medicated feed I feed mine.

OK, I have been reading on my phone so I didn't reply to some directed at me.... sorry.

First NO don't ship me eating eggs LOL

Second Hollowoaks was that you that wanted the cuckoo sexing info? It didn't come up on this thread, I had 2 other people ask the same question in PM's.... it was funny. Go forever and no ones asks and then BOOM 3 times in one day... odd..... haha odd.

Third.... someone was stalking me for GSBR hatching eggs. I have a GSBR roo x Blue Barred Rock pullets and the barring is improving but these will NEVER be GSBR but closely related for sure. I have some eggs in the bator (4 doz) direct from GSPR... but I have no idea if they will develop. The box did get a good tossing around and 4 eggs were broken....
fl.gif
one reason I bought so many just hoping for a few. BUT it will be next spring before I have pure GSBR eggs. I plan to use my GSBR over the pullets I hatch (just to cut down on inbreeding) and keep a few GSBR roos for backups and maybe use them in the Blue Barred rock pen.

I think that was it...... I hope so. STILL READING
hide.gif

Quote:
I don't think they are part of the cuts right now. They are a independent part of the government. Part of the reason they are going broke... they are the only branch of the government that has to fund their own pensions .... that is not paid out of taxpayer money.

Quote:
THAT was the other thing.... SFH. I hatched 16 from 18 eggs I set. Within a WEEK I was down to 10 and at 3 months I am down to just 5. I have lost more SFH than any other breed I have had. I am pretty sure the Original breeders were brother sister matings from GFF and then the lady that got them did the same thing... can't be good.

The WORST think you can do is breed brother and sister together ..... no good can come from it..... I am believing those words are very true and part of the problem with SFH.... small gene pool and then inbreeding.....

I feed starter that is medicated and made with pork so I don't think that theory holds water at my farm anyway.

Last edited:
Okay, here are my little orps. Excuse the mud, it rained today. He is not so symmetrical anymore after having to trim a load of butt fluff. The girls look a bit rough after the rain but I love em.
Ok now that the little chicken farmer has seen these........he thinks they look like little round ball chickens......and oh mom can we get some of those some day? He printed the photos and put them on the back of his bedroom door. It's his door of dreams. I have to admit they are cute as a button though.

Ok now that the little chicken farmer has seen these........he thinks they look like little round ball chickens......and oh mom can we get some of those some day?

He printed the photos and put them on the back of his bedroom door. It's his door of dreams.

I have to admit they are cute as a button though.
They are even cuter in person. Once you see them, you just fall in love with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom