Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mine!
thumbsup.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Ok so this totally sucks! waited all this time just for my broody to do something wrong(maybe)!!!
hit.gif
the baby died it was going to be blue too
hit.gif
hit.gif
. What I want to know could mites have killed the chick? I didn't know we had them but when I picked the chick up tiny round brown mites crawled all over me. We had had lice last fall but got rid of them, these are smaller and darker.

Yes, they will. Faster than what you would think too. They suck there blood and make them anemic and they get really skinny fast then die.

wow, we can never find things like that here

It's the first I have seen anything like it too. I was just browsing this morning drinking my coffee and they just put it on and I was on the phone. Hubby is all for it cause now he can take the containers I used for the chicks and put his junk in them and don't have to hear me bugging him about building me some. Also now I can put some mesh across the top and make a door on the tops of them so the chicks aren't escaping when they get older and running a much all around my basement like they do now.
roll.png
Hubby will be in the basement working and text me telling me I have chicks Loose.
gig.gif
He's such a sport about it even though he despises my chickens. Says they take away from his time.
lol.png
Duh..... that's the whole point time to myself. Lol

For the mites... If you are having a problem with mites/lice I would sprinkle a mixture of cayenne pepper and garlic powder over the food- it also helps with digestion but, mites and lice can't stand garlic- think vampire! Kind of funny... but it works... I had a problem with mites last year and lost several birds. Started them on garlic and I have no issues now. It also keeps them a bit healthier

For the mites... If you are having a problem with mites/lice I would sprinkle a mixture of cayenne pepper and garlic powder over the food- it also helps with digestion but, mites and lice can't stand garlic- think vampire! Kind of funny... but it works... I had a problem with mites last year and lost several birds. Started them on garlic and I have no issues now. It also keeps them a bit healthier

Yep, Also add vinegar to there water. The Mite/Lice also don't like that and it is good for your chicks.

Do you have older birds in the house or next to your chicks. That could be the problem. You are gonna wanna clean the brooder real good and maybe give the other chicks that were with the one that died some vitamins to help get there immune systems back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom