Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARRRRGGGGHHHH! So, with ALL of these problems with upgrading my freaking incubator, the mess is STILL not over. Chicknmamma sent me her thermostat so I didn't have to wait for mine to arrive from Hong Kong... Well, I checked the DC tag and yesterday it was listed as "out for delivery", now it says "no updates on delivery".... She dropped off my package from Reese, with my call duck eggs, just fine, but I STILL don't have my thermostat OR an update on where it is... It basically mysteriously disappeared off of the truck. WTH?! I'm || <--- THAT close to throwing the whole thing the heck away and buying the one that's on the classifieds and saying the heck with upgrading!!!!
hugs.gif
breathe!! Walk away and get a drink. Preferably something strong but coffee works too.

Mama2my4 has been telling me about the problems she has with this post office, so I already have a spark of "I don't think I like your attitude" for this post office. My carrier is sweet, but I'll be darned if they're going to lose my thermostat! I've already burned up a relay and a thermostat, bought a second thermostat and then paid ChicknMamma for this one and shipping... I "need" two of everything since I plan to either upgrade or build another bator (a sportsman really doesn't hold enough eggs). I have enough problems with this bator already, I do not need the assistance of the post office to make it any worse! And, all the booze in the house wouldn't be enough to make me happy about their stupid stunt! Not even with another pot of coffee and a pound of chocolate! I've NEVER had a problem with the Post Office before, and I've done a LOT of shipping in and out with soap/candle supplies, live fish (even imported from Thailand), hundreds of shipments of eggs, etc, etc. I'll go get a PO box from the Bellefonte office if this place can't seem to handle mail properly, darn it!

Oh and all the chicks are doing great, I did have dualing crowing roosters this morning though!  They just keep crowing back and forth to each other!

A couple of years ago, we went to Florida, and on the way back I stopped in Alabama and picked up 2 roosters. It was so funny to watch peoples expressions in the drive thru when one of them crowed.

Received eggs from crfarm today. Packaged beautifully! All 7 look great when candled. Thanks so much for using that picture! I think it really helped for the PO to see a picture of chicks on the box.
celebrate.gif

Here's the picture if anyone else wants to use it:

A couple of years ago, we went to Florida, and on the way back I stopped in Alabama and picked up 2 roosters. It was so funny to watch peoples expressions in the drive thru when one of them crowed.
LOL "My I take your order".... "Chicken nuggets, fries and a sweet tea"..... Rooster crows......

What's the holding time for ivermectin on meat birds? I haven't had any problems yet, but with new land and the wet conditions, I am starting to worry about possible problems.

I am not sure the exact withdrawal. I wait 6 weeks before eating the eggs though. Figured it was the same as safeguard.
My husband has been grumping about not having any eating eggs for two months (I did a second dose two weeks after the first) I am thinking of buying brown eggs and telling them they came from our birds :lol:

Where can I get ivermectin for chickens or do I just use horse wormer? What is the dose? Is there one I can put in their water I have 40 chickens in 3 different pens. I have one heck of a time deworming my horse I can't imagine deworming a chicken! Does it matter what kind of vinigar or how much in the water?

Well, I bought mine from tractor supply. I also use the Pour On, and used a syringe to put a drop on the neck, under both wings, and below the vent. It takes a little time, but I prefer it to water dosing (I don't dose water with any medicines- no way to regulate how much medicine goes to which chicken). I am sure if you search around, you may find a water dosing amount for chickens. The ivermectin I bought was pour on for cattle, but I believe it's the same amount of ivermectin per mL and the sheep too.

I am not sure the exact withdrawal. I wait 6 weeks before eating the eggs though. Figured it was the same as safeguard.
My husband has been grumping about not having any eating eggs for two months (I did a second dose two weeks after the first) I am thinking of buying brown eggs and telling them they came from our birds
lol.png

Well, I bought mine from tractor supply. I also use the Pour On, and used a syringe to put a drop on the neck, under both wings, and below the vent. It takes a little time, but I prefer it to water dosing (I don't dose water with any medicines- no way to regulate how much medicine goes to which chicken). I am sure if you search around, you may find a water dosing amount for chickens. The ivermectin I bought was pour on for cattle, but I believe it's the same amount of ivermectin per mL and the sheep too.
He'll know that they are store eggs, LOL. I ate (err, well, cooked and didn't eat) eggs from one of the hens that's caged. I couldn't do it. They tasted so bad that I had to feed them back. Maybe my taste buds are just stuck up, but YUCK! I won't eat store eggs, even when we went on vacation. I thought I'd be a good girl and try to buy eggs for breakfast since they were the cheapest option... No way. I won't even eat store bought ground beef... It's just disgusting and tastes awful, just like the eggs do. I'd starve before I could choke down store or caged eggs again. Even G is starting to turn that way. At first, he wouldn't eat the eggs from our girls, then he thought it was stupid to buy eggs and feed, so he started eating the eggs from the girls, though he didn't like them as much. Now? He prefers our eggs as well. The rest of my family is weird, they eat all store eggs, except my brother, though he won't eat the yolks, only the whites. I seriously don't know how people can do it! Even with a bunch of seasonings on them, they taste bad! I put chives, salt, italian seasoning and some other stuff on them and it wasn't enough to cover the awfulness that was caged eggs, lol.

Caj1985... The eggs you sent were lost for awhile. Well, they just showed up IN TEXAS!!! I'm in Michigan. Why would eggs go from Arkansas to TEXAS before coming to Michigan?
sad.png

Last fall I had a box of eggs go from Ohio all the way to Alaska before finally being delivered to me in Missouri. Took a week to get here, and I still got two of them to hatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom