Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Be very careful in doing that. It is illegal to possess those eggs from wild Canada geese. The only time you can have them is if you are an authorized nature center or if they are from a domesticated flock and you have a permit. Having said that, they incubate basically the same as any other goose egg. I would talk to your local Department of Natural Resources office to find out what you should do.
hmm.png

Good morning! . It's going to be a busy, busy day here. My husband's family gets together every year on Good Friday. Everyone pitches in and we make a gigantic crawfish bisque to feed about 70 people...it's quite a production. It's held at his uncle's house next door, so I still have the convenience of sort of being home too. :). I'm heating the oven now to get a pecan praline cheesecake started.
My first ever hatchlings :)
Congratulations!
OH I have new Babies! I have Choc Wyandottes, SLW and GSBR from GSPR :ya I have more but these are my FAVS. Olive Eggers, Marans, SLM, um...... something else
Congrats! I need choc wyandottes!
just got threw washing my 31st bird today. Leaving for a show in the morning FUN FUN FUN
Good luck at the show! :D
Had to skip to the end again.. sorry!!! but still, I was devastated, to say the least!! I put my Easter hatch in lockdown this morning ( I set a little late) and added an extra sponge and am watching the humidity like a hawk now... It's been very frustrating b/c the couple of hatches before these last 2 were really good!!! Hope you don't mind if I share a few pics... it seems like everytime I'm on noone is here and no one comments on my posts, but oh well... I don't mind whining to myself either, it's a good stress-reliever, lol!! Here's my French Blue Copper roo... I really like him, but also appreciate any feedback you all might have about him... My boys named him Tornado... he got some frostbite this winter in the -18 temps we had, but didn't lose as much of his comb as I thought he might... Some of my EE chicks, I think they are feathering quite nicely!! And with that, good night!!
Sorry about the bad hatch. :( I know nothing about the SOP for Marans, so I can't provide a critique, but he sure is big and beautiful!

Good morning! . It's going to be a busy, busy day here. My husband's family gets together every year on Good Friday. Everyone pitches in and we make a gigantic crawfish bisque to feed about 70 people...it's quite a production. It's held at his uncle's house next door, so I still have the convenience of sort of being home too. :). I'm heating the oven now to get a pecan praline cheesecake started.

Sounds yummy! What time should I get there? ;)

Good morning! . It's going to be a busy, busy day here. My husband's family gets together every year on Good Friday. Everyone pitches in and we make a gigantic crawfish bisque to feed about 70 people...it's quite a production. It's held at his uncle's house next door, so I still have the convenience of sort of being home too.
smile.png
. I'm heating the oven now to get a pecan praline cheesecake started.

Mzstre,

Can I come? I am sitting here drooling! I'm not a Cajun cook, but I can peel potatoes or mudbugs! I am going to have to go to the Mudbug Festival or Red River Ralley this year if DH & I can get the time off to head south.

Enjoy all the food and companionship and think about the rest of us eating plain, boring food. LOL

Sounds yummy! What time should I get there? ;)

Good morning! . It's going to be a busy, busy day here. My husband's family gets together every year on Good Friday. Everyone pitches in and we make a gigantic crawfish bisque to feed about 70 people...it's quite a production. It's held at his uncle's house next door, so I still have the convenience of sort of being home too. :) . I'm heating the oven now to get a pecan praline cheesecake started.

Mzstre,

Can I come?  I am sitting here drooling!  I'm not a Cajun cook, but I can peel potatoes or mudbugs!  I am going to have to go to the Mudbug Festival or Red River Ralley this year if DH & I can get the time off to head south.

Enjoy all the food and companionship and think about the rest of us eating plain, boring food.  LOL

Y'all come on over lol! It's usually ready about 6 or 6:30. :D

Quote:
Be very careful in doing that. It is illegal to possess those eggs from wild Canada geese. The only time you can have them is if you are an authorized nature center or if they are from a domesticated flock and you have a permit. Having said that, they incubate basically the same as any other goose egg. I would talk to your local Department of Natural Resources office to find out what you should do.
hmm.png

shhhh! lol, I will call them and see what they say, maybe I should just destroy them.............don't need anything illegal in my posession

Morning everyone! Have a question - My Orpingtons are going to need trimming. Do I use scissors or electric clippers? I know CelticOaks posted on here but I can't find it now. I have never done this before, and don't want to hurt anyone....
idunno.gif
Thanks

shhhh! lol, I will call them and see what they say, maybe I should just destroy them.............don't need anything illegal in my posession

Our local DNR is more of the thought that they want nature to take its course. Your local DNR office may be different or they may be able to tell you of a local nature center that will incubate the eggs and rehabilitate the goslings. Check your area to see if there are any animal rehab or nature centers around. Call them and explain the situation.
big_smile.png

Sorry, Billie Sue, I have never trimmed "butt fluff" so have no idea. I'm sure that someone will be able to answer your question.

I have my second lilac turkey out now. 2 out of 3 that went into lockdown. Yay! My U of A eggs are starting to pip. Hatch date is technically tomorrow. I just have one Houdan pipping, right now. Looks like the others will be right on time. I still have 15 Dorkings going strong. I didn't check my Coros, Favs & Houdans just grabbed and put them in the hatching incubator (which I didn't get to clean) because I saw the Houdan had pipped in the turner.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.

Good morning! . It's going to be a busy, busy day here. My husband's family gets together every year on Good Friday. Everyone pitches in and we make a gigantic crawfish bisque to feed about 70 people...it's quite a production. It's held at his uncle's house next door, so I still have the convenience of sort of being home too.
smile.png
. I'm heating the oven now to get a pecan praline cheesecake started.
Congratulations!
Congrats! I need choc wyandottes!
Good luck at the show!
big_smile.png

Sorry about the bad hatch.
sad.png

I know nothing about the SOP for Marans, so I can't provide a critique, but he sure is big and beautiful!

droolin.gif
MINE!!!! Crawfish bisque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom