Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I need help.....I have a medium brown egg marked EO. I know someone told me what it was, I think maybe it was a Krafty hen's choice or some oter because it came with Rhodebars and DO's, but I can't remember now.

English Orpington?

Help Please -

Was blessed with being able to obtain some Orp eggs originating from Orpingtons Galore and they are now in lock down. Three have hatched. One died just out of the egg. The other two were born with "glue like" slime on them. It was so thick I took the chance of taking them out and cleaning them off as it was keeping them from standing!! It was a dark yellowish color. There were no other eggs piped when I took them out so I hope I did not kill the rest. My humidity is between 60 and 70%. Plenty of water in the tray - using genesis 1588 - checked temp and it is right on 99.8. Any ideas? Should I do something or just wait it out????

Quote: oh yeah...I sent those to you for fertility checking on a set of crosses...guess they were fertile, lol!
tongue2.gif

Help Please -

Was blessed with being able to obtain some Orp eggs originating from Orpingtons Galore and they are now in lock down. Three have hatched. One died just out of the egg. The other two were born with "glue like" slime on them. It was so thick I took the chance of taking them out and cleaning them off as it was keeping them from standing!! It was a dark yellowish color. There were no other eggs piped when I took them out so I hope I did not kill the rest. My humidity is between 60 and 70%. Plenty of water in the tray - using genesis 1588 - checked temp and it is right on 99.8. Any ideas? Should I do something or just wait it out????
I have been getting hatches like that from my 1588 too.....interesting.

Help Please -

I've had chicks like that, may not be another one, just be patient

Sneaking on to say :frow promised DH no phone or Internet this weekend. Forgot what t was like to have down time! It's kind of crazy! Batteries are definitely recharging! Oh and I get a free beer and Tshirt at rogue brewery AND free admission to the Oregon coast aquarium for my birthday! Goin to be a fun one today! Hope y'all have had a great weekend! :hugs to everyone!!!!!

Good morning!!! It's a beautiful day here. I'm at the ballpark watching my boys play. Lovely day! Heather- I hope you are having a wonderful time on the coast!
If I am delayed responding if anyone is trying to reach me, please be patient. My computer's power supply and/or motherboard fritzed, so I'm waiting on a new one to ship. In the meantime I have sporadic internet availability when I can get on someone else's computer, lol. Happy to report my Easter Buddy eggs all started and 7 are developing nicely with 1 blood ring. Very happy, given my luck with shipped eggs typically. So far, so good. Can't wait to have my computer back...
Yay! Go chickies! Those are the first BLRWs that I've mailed out. They've all been going straight to my incubator. :). Please let me know how they fare! Both the BLRWs & Basque hatch very well for me. The only problem I ever have is sometimes a Basque chick tries to outgrow its egg and can't turn to pip. It's so weird. If it was the whole batch I'd think it was a humidity or temp issue.
Good morning Peeps!! Most of my Legbars are hatched, still have 2 more to go. 2 hens and about 11 roosters.
th.gif
And wow do they range in color. Unfortunately I will have to cull most of them. I still can't get rid of the 3 9 week old roos I have. This is one thing I don't like about auto sexing: when someone asks for a certain mix and all you hatch is rooster you are stuck with.
That stinks. Sorry about all the boys. ProfTi - I'm setting eggs for you today. Send good hatching vibes for no incy problems or power outages! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom