Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some blue/black mottled duccle in lockdown. Hoping for a good hatch!!
fl.gif

frow.gif
Morning all, hope its a good one for everyone

fl.gif
krafty you get a good hatch

I have a request for all you fellow swappers............since for many this is a hobby you may not remember of even think that for some like us it is a BUSINESS first. PMing asking for side swaps of birds for items you can send months from now doesnt pay our feed bill now. PMing asking for boxes of free hatchlings for what ever event you have coming up and not offering to cover shipping is rude. We are a small family farm, not a hatchery, we have high over head and need to be aware of it at all times. I have to be aware of the weeks sales each time I swap, so please be courteous when you go PMing asking for birds that are a business asset. Shipping on live birds is far more costly than eggs between the express fees and required boxes.

Also remember that if you delay shipping of eggs you request there is a risk of birds going broody, or seasonal layers stopping before you decide you are ready. Dont want to be a debby downer, but it has been an odd 3 weeks for requests.

Morning guys! Looking out at a beautiful morning here. I hope everyone has a wonderful day today. Mine will be filled with muck...lol Time to clean pens and the yard in between them that got soaked in our downpour. Gonna spray for mites as a just in case too.
The call duck I hatched is about the noisiest thing I have ever encountered! I knew they were noisy, but wow...lol

We still have GL and BL Brahma's hatching, as well as Cayuga Duck, Toppy's, Hulsey's, OEGB, GCM. I made the huge mistake of putting the Hulsey, Toppy and OEGB colors all in the same hatching tray... Should be fun sorting them out.

I have to call this morning and get an update on our bank situation. DH's new bank cards came in the mail yesterday, still can't use them or that account.
In the process of calling the feed store to give an update on our status, I did get some good news from them. They will start delivering! Call in my order and out they will come. Well they will deliver after 5pm, but hey... It allows me to stay here and be more of a hermit with my chickens. I don't even have to order a pallet worth at a time.
thumbsup.gif

Oh, and still stalking the USPS. lololol

:frow  Morning all, hope its a good one for everyone

:fl  krafty you get a good hatch

I have a request for all you fellow swappers............since for many this is a hobby you may not remember of even think that for some like us it is a BUSINESS first. PMing asking for side swaps of birds for items you can send months from now doesnt pay our feed bill now. PMing asking for boxes of free hatchlings for what ever event you have coming up and not offering to cover shipping is rude. We are a small family farm, not a hatchery, we have high over head and need to be aware of it at all times. I have to be aware of the weeks sales each time I swap, so please be courteous when you go PMing asking for birds that are a business asset. Shipping on live birds is far more costly than eggs between the express fees and required boxes.

Also remember that if you delay shipping of eggs you request there is a risk of birds going broody, or seasonal layers stopping before you decide you are ready. Dont want to be a debby downer, but it has been an odd 3 weeks for requests.

Wait, now you're shipping birds totally free of charge?! I'll take a dozen sebastopols please! Lol.

I have a crested SFH cockerel that needs a female. Does anyone here have a pullet or two they could ship me this week that would be a good mate for him? He is adorable and has a great personality. I hate for him to just be in with some other girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom