Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still laying daily but have not had a fertile egg yet. Trimmed and trimmed again, but no luck. Still holding out hope....
if trimming dosnt work, try plucking. I have plucked my overly fluffy silkies so the vent is clear ( bottom only for boys, top and vent clear for girls) and that worked. Sometimes the boys don't liek poky pin feathers from clipping I read. I don't know if that is TRUE... but clipping didin't work and plucking did...
But sometimes it just takes a while, my first 2 CL hens did not lay fertile eggs for the first 3 months of laying. Orlando was fathering every thing in site, but the CL girls were not taking...

I wasn't sure how much to take off. I will trim them shorter still and see how it goes. I had thought of taking my husbands beard trimmer to them and take it down to nothing
big_smile.png
They are still big babies. Sir C. has to be held every day for some "his" time or he throws a fit. The girls are not much better! He doesn't like my husband though. He flogs him every time he gathers eggs.... I can't wait for some little chocolates though. I feel sad each time I candle and no development.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom