Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At our auction in March a trio of adult guinea sold for $75. I wasn't there for the birds last time.
I went to the swap last Saturday and sold 9 POL pullets (BR, BO, EE, etc.) for $15 each. I was left with one bantam blue pullet that nobody wanted and a bunch of cockerels. The pullets were all gone by 10 a.m.
I had a lot of people interested in my Legbar girl that I took along. She had a huge lump on her wing joint and couldn't fly, so she was out on top of the cage. I had to put her down yesterday-her other wing had started to do the same thing, and then she was just going farther downhill. I believe it was an infection of some kind, possibly staph.
hit.gif
One person is planning to call me in another month or two (AFTER all swaps are out) and wants some, and a LOT of people are hoping we will be there in the fall with some for sale!
celebrate.gif
They loved how friendly she was, and when they found out about blue eggs and autosexing, it really sealed it! I don't think they would go nearly as well at the auction, but definitely the swap!

That's why I want to start with chicks, lol.
G was just complaining about having three incubators. "Why do you need three? The big one is big enough" "I want specific breeds" "we don't have enough room.you can't cram them all into one coop" "we have four and a half acres, plenty of space to build runs for all the breeds" he just shook his head.

COF, what would you want for some? I mostly want white, but at this point, I just want some guineas. I don't want to buy adults at auction.
PM me I am open to swaps for them. tell me what you have available that doesnt limit your sales locally from your stock of soaps ect.

Quote: It's too bad my inkies are full....hubby wants some, and I do not want to start with juvenile or adult guineas...my luck they would haul butt and never come back!

I need another incubator....
They havent been laying long, so when you get space tell me. I gather them every other right now and feed them to the dogs
hide.gif

At our auction in March a trio of adult guinea sold for $75. I wasn't there for the birds last time.
I went to the swap last Saturday and sold 9 POL pullets (BR, BO, EE, etc.) for $15 each. I was left with one bantam blue pullet that nobody wanted and a bunch of cockerels. The pullets were all gone by 10 a.m.
I had a lot of people interested in my Legbar girl that I took along. She had a huge lump on her wing joint and couldn't fly, so she was out on top of the cage. I had to put her down yesterday-her other wing had started to do the same thing, and then she was just going farther downhill. I believe it was an infection of some kind, possibly staph.
hit.gif
One person is planning to call me in another month or two (AFTER all swaps are out) and wants some, and a LOT of people are hoping we will be there in the fall with some for sale!
celebrate.gif
They loved how friendly she was, and when they found out about blue eggs and autosexing, it really sealed it! I don't think they would go nearly as well at the auction, but definitely the swap!
nobody runs swaps around here....sorry about your pullet...folks around here have no idea what a legbar is, we are in the sticks! all these people know is RIR and BR, those will go for upwards of $20.00 for POL or hens, even old ratty looking hens.
hmm.png

That's why I want to start with chicks, lol.
G was just complaining about having three incubators. "Why do you need three? The big one is big enough" "I want specific breeds" "we don't have enough room.you can't cram them all into one coop" "we have four and a half acres, plenty of space to build runs for all the breeds" he just shook his head.
you can put them all in one coop til they get big enough to breed...and then you have plenty of time to build more! That's what I told hubby...he said "whatever"

Quote:
They havent been laying long, so when you get space tell me. I gather them every other right now and feed them to the dogs
hide.gif
I plan on contacting GQF Monday about a sportsman...I tried ordering on their website, but apparently they can not find my neck of the woods on google, tomtom, mapquest or garmin, lol!
lol thats rough when you cant shop online because they cant find your address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom