Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Orthodox Easter everyone!
Super happy to be spending it with my family and lots of relatives.
Bad news is that they're coming to my house which means lots of cleaning!
Good news, good people and good food!

on the Menu today:
Boneless Lamb Leg
Orzo
Stuffed Grape Leaf Rolls
Spanacopita
Bakalava (thanks KYT for the fresh honey!)
Pasticcio
etc etc etc

Anyone hungry yet!

Yum! I wish you lived closer! :)

Madam, I don't know which Purina Game Bird feed TSC carries, but I know there are different kinds (at least two that my elevator carries-startena and maintenance). I use the Game Bird Startena. It is 30 % protein and made with animal proteins. You can do the math and figure out how much to mix with your other feed to get your desired protein level (eg-Flock Raiser is 20% protein, so half and half with Startena at 30% will give you a 25% overall protein level). I use mine at a higher percentage in the late fall/winter since they aren't out free ranging and eating bugs, worms and other higher protein non-plant material. There are some studies that higher protein levels can have adverse affects but I have not had any problems in my flock. YMMV. Hopefully, others will chime in with their experiences.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

Off Topic - this card is part of a lot I'm offering on eBay right now. Puglady's Contest: The first person to correctly Guess how much I was offered for the card alone (to break up the auction,it includes lightning balls as well) wins 6+ CCL eggs shipped at my expense to you at the beginning of next week. One guess each, ends at midnight. PM me your guesses.
Is that a business card? You must be surprised if you posted a contest about it. $95. That would surprise/shock me, but I have no idea what the market is for those things! I'm very curious!

G'morning peeps!! Getting everything together to go see WVstruttin this afternoon!

I have a question!! I noticed my TSC is selling game bird feed now made by Purina. I heard it's a great supplement to the regular feed but how do I add it. Can I mix it with their regular feed? And if so what is the ratio? This stuff isn't cheap but neither are my birds. So I figured this would be great to add to their diet. Any suggestions?
As mentioned already you will need to do the math for the protien level you want to be feeding. We ferment here too so that changes the game a bit. Gamebird feed here is used for molting birds and the quail, flight pen ducks (mandarins and woodies) and now the turkeys.

I am soooo happy we're supposed to have several days in a row with no rain! Maybe my bog of a yard will start to dry out.

Does anyone here have mallards?

Hollowoak - it's humorous to me that a short year ago I would have seen your count and gasped. Ummm now I understand the math behind it.
big_smile.png

COF - glad to hear the trimming is working!
lol we have about 30 mallards floating in our back pasture turned lake currently

no rain today though, and a good wind so we are drying out in the front. The rear is almost knee deep in the pasture so we have a long time there before we will be dry.

150 dollars.
Off Topic - this card is part of a lot I'm offering on eBay right now. Puglady's Contest: The first person to correctly Guess how much I was offered for the card alone (to break up the auction,it includes lightning balls as well) wins 6+ CCL eggs shipped at my expense to you at the beginning of next week. One guess each, ends at midnight. PM me your guesses.

Good Morning, Happy Chicken People!

I counted yesterday. 147 chickens, plus four that aren't mine. 37 turkey poults. Four button quail. I am, of course, not counting what's in the incubator.
big_smile.png
Can someone PM me the list of RBA user IDs, please? My user ID is the same on BYC, RBA, and eBay. I'm very creative.
lol...same here cj

Good morning all!
frow.gif

$20

Off Topic - this card is part of a lot I'm offering on eBay right now.
Puglady's Contest:
The first person to correctly Guess how much I was offered for the card alone (to break up the auction,it includes lightning balls as well) wins 6+ CCL eggs shipped at my expense to you at the beginning of next week. One guess each, ends at midnight. PM me your guesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom