Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for y'all chick experts. All mine I have hatched out or bought as day old chicks. I bought 4 chicks yesterday that are 4-6 weeks old. How long so I need to keep them separated in quarantine until I put them in with my others ? I dusted them with DE already even though I didn't see any mites. They are on ACV water like all my others are.

I do a minimum of six weeks. Some say 30 days. I just put my Basque out and I think I bought them in early March. I'm just a little finicky though. Thirty days should give you and idea if they are exposed to anything.

Quote: 2 days....I called my PO she said she would call me...I have eggs there now....wasn't expecting any today so I don't know who they are from
hmm.png

I do a minimum of six weeks. Some say 30 days. I just put my Basque out and I think I bought them in early March. I'm just a little finicky though. Thirty days should give you and idea if they are exposed to anything.

Thanks I was wondering if it was two months, one month, 6 weeks ..... I too am extremely finicky with these. I keep adults separate for 3 months. Just didn't know about the juveniles.

I wonder if I could get her to take the ducklings too? Hmmmmm.....only one way to find out!

I have been sneaking some young chicks under my porch broodies since they are easy to monitor . theylove all the silkies but they rejected tthe breese. No white chicks for them!
Dh was joking I could keep them broodies for years.

Well coffee is all ingested, but I'm still not awake. Oh well better go walk the horses out for some sweet green grass I can see them longingly and lovingly staring at. They keep that up and we are going to have horses with giraffe like necks. That would be pretty funny though.
yuckyuck.gif

Look who decided to adopt! She wasn't even broody. Penelope is a momma.

Those two little buggers are at least two weeks apart in age too, but momma don't care. They are hers. Hopefully I can give her the one still hatching too.

CUTE!!

Ayeup, so sorry to hear about your troubles, that can be so very stressful, and with you wanting to have another baby, that adds another layer of stress...
hugs.gif
to you girl!!

Unexpected chicks from GFF, eh? Even with the internet down, you'd think a phone call wouldn't be too hard!!

Is it just me or does it drive anyone else crazy when you don't hear back from someone??

I really want to breed Wheaten Marans and have looked all over the place for people who can send chicks (preferably closer to the West), have found a few breeders on the Yahoo Marans club, fortunately... Found one by chance in MT when RoyalT noticed an ad on CL... I contacted them about shipping chicks, they said they are waiting for their NPIP this month and then will be able to ship.. I wrote back asking about an approximate date and have not heard back, that was almost 2 weeks ago now, I tried calling the end of last week and left a message. I try VERY hard not to be annoying OR rude. I'm a nurse and I have been treated very badly by people I am just trying to help, so I try really hard not to be that way to others.

I also try to be flexible... Another BYCer that I was going to ship eggs to would like plant starts instead, fine with me... she asked yesterday if she could have some different starts since the ones she wants aren't quite ready yet.. Fine with me, again.... Yet I've asked others questions on things I am receiving and either get no answer or responses that imply I am an idiot... Am I missing something?

Is it just me or does it drive anyone else crazy when you don't hear back from someone??

I really want to breed Wheaten Marans and have looked all over the place for people who can send chicks (preferably closer to the West), have found a few breeders on the Yahoo Marans club, fortunately... Found one by chance in MT when RoyalT noticed an ad on CL... I contacted them about shipping chicks, they said they are waiting for their NPIP this month and then will be able to ship.. I wrote back asking about an approximate date and have not heard back, that was almost 2 weeks ago now, I tried calling the end of last week and left a message. I try VERY hard not to be annoying OR rude. I'm a nurse and I have been treated very badly by people I am just trying to help, so I try really hard not to be that way to others.

I also try to be flexible... Another BYCer that I was going to ship eggs to would like plant starts instead, fine with me... she asked yesterday if she could have some different starts since the ones she wants aren't quite ready yet.. Fine with me, again.... Yet I've asked others questions on things I am receiving and either get no answer or responses that imply I am an idiot... Am I missing something?
Nope as my English FIL would say "There's nawt funnier than folk!" I need your address btw. I'll text you as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom