Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I just came up with the idea of the chest of drawer thing and he took it from there. I only gave him a basket that I use to hatch in and told him I wanted it 3 wide and 2 deep. He did a great job... now I just have to get it working right.

Hatching Brahma's tonight! lots of eggs in the hatcher drawers. Have more LLO hatching too

woot.gif
for hatching!!
this is our youngest light brahma girl

and the roo the same age

they are both 11 months old now

Man I am a sucker for poofy birds with feathered feet, and those LB's colors are so striking, they are so pretty!!

Thanks! I just came up with the idea of the chest of drawer thing and he took it from there. I only gave him a basket that I use to hatch in and told him I wanted it 3 wide and 2 deep. He did a great job... now I just have to get it working right.

DM, you and your home made stuff seriously amazes me!!

I picked up an old dresser from the transfer site gonna make it into a brooder hopefully sometime this week.

Also cracked open the turkey eggs each and everyone one was super scrambled :(
Oh well maybe next year ill get some turkeys :/

Happy mothers day everyone ox <3...for all you women that dont have official human babies, if you are on BYC...you have tons of furry feathery babies already..so the Happy mothers day goes out to you too! Lol

Good Morning, Happy Chicken People! Happy Mother's Day!

My sis who was astounded at how soft chickens were is now asking questions about how to keep them. Hehehe. Another convert on the way!

Happy Mothers Day everyone, just wanted to to let everyone know my wife is the greatest mother she does so much for all of us that I couldn't even begin to tell the tale. Just to let her know we all love her so much and don't know what we would do without her in our lives.

I GOT MY NEW HATCHER MADE TODAY! .... with help from my chicken friend
love.gif

OK he really made it all. I just cut the hardware cloth and handed him what he needed.
lol.png

DIDN'T HE DO A GREAT JOB! I will post updates as I put the guts in it. I will do that over the next few nights. I have a lockdown next saturday and I would like to test it before I start using it.
Congrats!! You will love the disk to swing open for ventalation. I have mine barely open on the new bator because of the amazing air flow it helps create.

You may find over time you want hardware cloth hatching baskets (easy to make with hog rings) as they will help with air flow too

Congrats!! You will love the disk to swing open for ventalation. I have mine barely open on the new bator because of the amazing air flow it helps create.

You may find over time you want hardware cloth hatching baskets (easy to make with hog rings) as they will help with air flow too

Oh! THANK YOU!!! I was just driving myself crazy yesterday trying to think how to make dividers in my incubator because I've got a ton of new-to-me breeds hatching next week and wanted to separate them so I knew what was what. YAY!!!! SOLUTION!

And while I'm at it, that is one stunning white brahma :)

Happy Mother's Day, everyone! It's a beautiful one up here, although a little nippy -- 29 degrees tonight, eek! I spent yesterday afternoon building another indoor pen -- isbars are coming inside for a few days till the weather warms back up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom