Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to put this out there for discussion. Please be considerate and polite when responding.

What do you think about limiting the time eggs can be offered? None of us can tell the future and what's going to happen. Offering eggs for Fall is really pushing it. Heck, mid to late summer is pushing it too. So I want to get everyone's opinion since this is everyone's swap here.

So my opinion is maybe a limit of 2 months. If you can't get the swap out in the 2 month limit then it shouldn't be offered. With some new breeds popping up, most of us don't even know when they will start laying. I mean, how long does it take a Barthuhner to mature and start laying?

I'm not trying to chase anyone off. Just trying to keep it under control a bit. I mean, there are some swappers who may not get all their swaps out before Spring is up.

So what is your opinion?

Long over due , the spring swaps that were promised last fall has turned out poorly for most involved , I am grateful to have a chance to get some of the breeds that I claimed but still waiting on everything that was promised , trying to be patient but as it stands now if I ever do get the egg's CPL promised I will be nursing young birds through next winter. JMO

I want to put this out there for discussion. Please be considerate and polite when responding.

What do you think about limiting the time eggs can be offered? None of us can tell the future and what's going to happen. Offering eggs for Fall is really pushing it. Heck, mid to late summer is pushing it too. So I want to get everyone's opinion since this is everyone's swap here.

So my opinion is maybe a limit of 2 months. If you can't get the swap out in the 2 month limit then it shouldn't be offered. With some new breeds popping up, most of us don't even know when they will start laying. I mean, how long does it take a Barthuhner to mature and start laying?

I'm not trying to chase anyone off. Just trying to keep it under control a bit. I mean, there are some swappers who may not get all their swaps out before Spring is up.

So what is your opinion?
I really like that idea. My sna-foo was a knee jerk reaction to pure greed for orpingtons, lol. started doubting my request, even as I hit the submit button, But thought I would be considered a welsher if I removed my claim/ and offer.
Question: What happens if the claimer doesn't received the eggs promised? How's that dealt with?

Last edited:
I want to put this out there for discussion.  Please be considerate and polite when responding.

What do you think about limiting the time eggs can be offered?  None of us can tell the future and what's going to happen.  Offering eggs for Fall is really pushing it.  Heck, mid to late summer is pushing it too.  So I want to get everyone's opinion since this is everyone's swap here.  

So my opinion is maybe a limit of 2 months.  If you can't get the swap out in the 2 month limit then it shouldn't be offered.  With some new breeds popping up, most of us don't even know when they will start laying.  I mean, how long does it take a Barthuhner to mature and start laying?  

I'm not trying to chase anyone off.  Just trying to keep it under control a bit.  I mean, there are some swappers who may not get all their swaps out before Spring is up.  

So what is your opinion?

I agree, or even a shorter time than that. It is killlllllllling me waiting on spring eggs, let alone SUMMER eggs.......

Long over due , the spring swaps that were promised last fall has turned out poorly for most involved , I am grateful to have a chance to get some of the breeds that I claimed but still waiting on everything that was promised , trying to be patient but as it stands now if I ever do get the egg's CPL promised I will be nursing young birds through next winter. JMO
Did you get my PM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom