Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, no...to sum up: 

CPL, who has been a really generous and avid swapper in the past has had a lot of life-issues lately. And some people were getting worried that she had dropped off the edge of the world because she has also been completely avalanched by pm's.  (But without any communication, they did not know what was up.)  This was compounded by a couple of boxes of eggs that didn't arrive in good shape because of her husband trying to help packing them.  BM6 was kind enough to let us in on a bit of what was going on because she's a friend and knows her offline also.  but unfortunately now CPL is overwhelmed and feeling like everyone has ganged up. 

Life does get overwhelming sometimes. but letting people in can also be cathartic, too.  People want to be understanding and can be if they know what is going on.

it is an unfortunate situation. I want to hug everyone but I cant.

Very well said

4 of Kytinpusher have made it out and the 5th has started cookie cutting. 4th one blue too.
woot.gif
So happy they are doing well for you!

Well that's way to many pages to back read. So what's up people!
Enjoying the sunshine!?
You have eggs coming and should have received an email

My postage scale finally died on me. I had to finally go buy a new one.
I need a new one

Quote: yes it is

Thank you Celtic Oaks for saving me from those English Lavender orps.! Good luck.....
lol I always check who is bidding so I dont bid over another swapper. I was going to wait it out till closer to the end to up the bid but you happened along

Pysankigirl - that was a very polite and thoughtful way of puttin things. :hugs I thinks it's easy to get caught up in angry, and forget to carry any empathy for others.
I think it is a better idea to talk this way through pms an leave out all the negativity from the thread. For the most part, this place has been great comfort and support for people, and all the frustration from lack of communication is changing the dynamics of the swap, and the chat.
Despite what people might think, chickens are my only source of my own income, or extra spending money that isn't on a budget. I do not get any money that isn't designated to something vital to m families lives. So, small things, small amounts of money mean a lot to me. This, but I also don't forget that each person had their own lives, emotions, and problems.

Last edited:
Anyone want to do a side trade that has some luck with getting crested SFH from their flock? I had one crested hatch and it never grew and I ended up losing it last night. Anything on my swap page is game. Everything is laying and I'm willing to give up some of the ones that say I'm not doing anymore swaps if someone wants.

I have a question. If someone claimed a swap a while back and told me their first and second choice, can they change their mind later, when the eggs can be sent, about what breed they really want?
What happens when their first choice is available but second choice is not?

[
So I told my husband since he does so much around here for me, I would be willing to give up a breed so that he could have a breed of chicken he wants. Wouldn't you know it, he can't find one he wants.
th.gif
Or true to being a southern boy, he started looking at game cocks. Ummm....no. I have to be the one dealing with them on a daily basis.
I've had Aseels. Well I still have one, and I will get more. They are very gentle and eat right out of my hand. I still have a pullet, and I'm supposed to be getting a rooster to go with her. They do take a long time to mature, but they taste awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom