Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to remind everyone to check for mold in their brooders. I had a lady bring a 4 week old chick to me that clearly has wryneck. She said it was vaccinated for Mareks, so I'm betting its botulism. She uses a tote, so no drainage.

I've seen mold grow pretty quick in totes and wooden crates/brooders. I will try to flush this chick, but what a horrible way to die.

On another note my hubby came home last night with food poisoning. It's the season for spoilage. Stay say!
hugs.gif
Wow, try polyvisol too on the chick. I've used it to fix wry neck on silkies.

I am thinking about a set of the GQF stackable brooders. Anyone have thoughts on these?

After getting my Brinsea cabinet I hatched waaay to many chicks
barnie.gif
and had rabbit cages, boxes and bins full of chicks everywhere
th.gif

I needed to organize and was looking at those neat GQF brooders
droolin.gif
unfortunately the price tag was too much for me
hit.gif

So...here is my poor mans version of a stackable brooder

It cost me less than $100.00 to make and took 1 full day to complete it working by myself. All the supplies (including the metal shelving) were purchased at Lowes.

This brooder has been a lifesaver. I have 2 shelves set up with ecoglows for the little ones and 2 shelves for the older guys. Once they outgrow this outside they go!

I use the sneaky supermarket trick when selling chicks... I make sure all the ones I want to sell are on the bottom 2 levels right at kid level
wink.png

barnie.gif
th.gif

droolin.gif
hit.gif

It cost me less than $100.00 to make and took 1 full day to complete it working by myself. All the supplies (including the metal shelving) were purchased at Lowes.

This brooder has been a lifesaver. I have 2 shelves set up with ecoglows for the little ones and 2 shelves for the older guys. Once they outgrow this outside they go!

I use the sneaky supermarket trick when selling chicks... I make sure all the ones I want to sell are on the bottom 2 levels right at kid level
wink.png
I love it. Very nice!

Is it crested or not we hatch about 40% crested and 60% non. We have a great color range and are growing out several more including 2 from GFF new line that are supposed to lay a very big egg
fl.gif

It's crested -- black with white crest. Seriously thought it was a tolbunt for the first two weeks!! I love it :) A new color variety to go in my little SFH flock!

Anyone know where I can find some Pumpkin Hulsey eggs/chicks?

I saw you got responses -- I was going to say I'd seen Angel offer them a time or two :)

barnie.gif
th.gif

droolin.gif
hit.gif

wink.png

That is excellent!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom