Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to toot my own horn, but at the last show the judge said my show string of campines were the best he had seen in years. :rolleyes:
YAY! Would you like to side swap for anything? I think my pp account is pretty sad at the moment. I can definitely send you eggs or plants or jam or...... Let me know!!!!

Thanks guys.  I'm going to finish filling my swaps and finish hatching what's in the incubator and whatever is coming this week, then I'm going to take a break from hatching, and figure out just where I want to go with my chickens.  It's been fun, but not worth the emotional roller coaster, the dashed excitement of claiming eggs that never come, the disappointment and expense of having to replace eggs from every sale, the anger over chicks lost in shipping.  I would hope you guys would tell me if there are problems with either my packing or my eggs and not keep quiet because they were swaps instead of sales.  Being insulted and told to take a hike over $10 by another BYCer makes me wonder why I even bother.  If I owe you a swap you haven't heard from me recently, please PM me.  I don't want to overlook anybody.  I've talked to sonew, caj is on hold, puglady I'm sorry I forgot, your eggs will go out in about a week, I set deb's first set of eggs yesterday, Donna your chicks will be shipped Tuesday, Amyable your eggs are being shipped tomorrow, NotAFarm your eggs are being shipped Tuesday.  It think that's everybody so please let me know if I've missed you.

It really means a lot that you guys want me to stay. Thank you.  I just need a break, a chance to unwind, life lessons learned, write off my losses, and put it all behind me, so that when I come back I won't be bitter and ranting all the time.  I sent a very unfriendly PM to she-who-shall-not-be-named today.  I'm not proud of myself, but then again I felt I had nothing left to lose.  Pretty sure I burned that bridge.

:hugs

I've been taking a break too. Major evaluation going on at the Lagniappe Farms! We're making some really difficult decisions but they need to be made or I'm going to either get REALLY sick trying to keep up or go crazy! Well maybe I'm already a LITTLE crazy...... :gig

Thanks guys.  I'm going to finish filling my swaps and finish hatching what's in the incubator and whatever is coming this week, then I'm going to take a break from hatching, and figure out just where I want to go with my chickens.  It's been fun, but not worth the emotional roller coaster, the dashed excitement of claiming eggs that never come, the disappointment and expense of having to replace eggs from every sale, the anger over chicks lost in shipping.  I would hope you guys would tell me if there are problems with either my packing or my eggs and not keep quiet because they were swaps instead of sales.  Being insulted and told to take a hike over $10 by another BYCer makes me wonder why I even bother.  If I owe you a swap you haven't heard from me recently, please PM me.  I don't want to overlook anybody.  I've talked to sonew, caj is on hold, puglady I'm sorry I forgot, your eggs will go out in about a week, I set deb's first set of eggs yesterday, Donna your chicks will be shipped Tuesday, Amyable your eggs are being shipped tomorrow, NotAFarm your eggs are being shipped Tuesday.  It think that's everybody so please let me know if I've missed you.

It really means a lot that you guys want me to stay. Thank you.  I just need a break, a chance to unwind, life lessons learned, write off my losses, and put it all behind me, so that when I come back I won't be bitter and ranting all the time.  I sent a very unfriendly PM to she-who-shall-not-be-named today.  I'm not proud of myself, but then again I felt I had nothing left to lose.  Pretty sure I burned that bridge.

I COMPLETELY understand..I took "that" break last year and so happy I did!! I cut my flocks in half...virtually stopped selling anything and just concentrated on my family and our lives...no regrets!!! Big HUGS to you!!!

Thanks guys. I'm going to finish filling my swaps and finish hatching what's in the incubator and whatever is coming this week, then I'm going to take a break from hatching, and figure out just where I want to go with my chickens. It's been fun, but not worth the emotional roller coaster, the dashed excitement of claiming eggs that never come, the disappointment and expense of having to replace eggs from every sale, the anger over chicks lost in shipping. I would hope you guys would tell me if there are problems with either my packing or my eggs and not keep quiet because they were swaps instead of sales. Being insulted and told to take a hike over $10 by another BYCer makes me wonder why I even bother. If I owe you a swap you haven't heard from me recently, please PM me. I don't want to overlook anybody. I've talked to sonew, caj is on hold, puglady I'm sorry I forgot, your eggs will go out in about a week, I set deb's first set of eggs yesterday, Donna your chicks will be shipped Tuesday, Amyable your eggs are being shipped tomorrow, NotAFarm your eggs are being shipped Tuesday. It think that's everybody so please let me know if I've missed you.

It really means a lot that you guys want me to stay. Thank you. I just need a break, a chance to unwind, life lessons learned, write off my losses, and put it all behind me, so that when I come back I won't be bitter and ranting all the time. I sent a very unfriendly PM to she-who-shall-not-be-named today. I'm not proud of myself, but then again I felt I had nothing left to lose. Pretty sure I burned that bridge.
hugs.gif
You most certainly would be missed and I can understand needing a break. Some people's expectations from shipped eggs is just way too high. And I believe you do a great job packing eggs! Don't let other people's attitude get your down. As the saying goes, you can't help stupid.

As for the email, I'm hoping it went to who I think and frankly, she deserved it.
hugs.gif

G'morning peeps! I can not believe it is Monday already! But I'm hoping to kick the majority of the chicks out of the house this week. I have EE pullet chicks coming sometime this week. Helped out a local lady who only wanted a few chicks from McMurray. I finished out her order with some nice EEs. Then I am done getting chicks in the mail unless of course a certain someone comes through with the chicks they owe me. We shall see.

Morning!! My chicks have to go out too pee you !!! I clean the brooder 2x a day head to toe but at 2-3 weeks old doesnt help much within minutes....little dingle berries are getting stuck to their toe nails!!! Ewwwww...Then i have to clean each one off! Happy Monday! Haha

Good Morning, Happy Chicken People!

We've got much needed rain softly falling. Roosters are crowing. Calves are bawling. Dogs are snoring. Time to go feed and release everyone. Looks like a great day ahead!

Enjoy your day, whatever it brings!

And cj, stick around! I enjoy reading your posts! :)

Last edited:
Just thought I would post if anyone is looking for a livestock guardian puppy. We currently have 10 Great Pyrenees puppies. There is an Ad in Buy/Sell/Trade.

So so cute!! Cant wait to breed our girl and have a mess of puppies
Quote: CJ, dont let the "I want something for nothing types" on here drive you away. Eggs are a risk when bought and shipped, if someone doesnt get that then they shouldnt be online ordering hatching eggs. I agree on the email, very deserved.

People can not be woe is me and want sympathy and at the same time be on FB swapping and RBA bidding away on new birds.

G'morning peeps! I can not believe it is Monday already! But I'm hoping to kick the majority of the chicks out of the house this week. I have EE pullet chicks coming sometime this week. Helped out a local lady who only wanted a few chicks from McMurray. I finished out her order with some nice EEs. Then I am done getting chicks in the mail unless of course a certain someone comes through with the chicks they owe me. We shall see.
Hope you arent holding your breath

So so cute!! Cant wait to breed our girl and have a mess of puppies
CJ, dont let the "I want something for nothing types" on here drive you away. Eggs are a risk when bought and shipped, if someone doesnt get that then they shouldnt be online ordering hatching eggs. I agree on the email, very deserved.

People can not be woe is me and want sympathy and at the same time be on FB swapping and RBA bidding away on new birds.

Hope you arent holding your breath
I can't hold my breath for that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom