Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TURKEY PIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE TWO TURKEY PIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh God, now I'm all nervous... My six-month quest for turkeys might actually succeed!!!
celebrate.gif

Love, love, love the strutting!
big_smile.png

Take the break from the selling and swapping for the stress relief, but you should still drop in for the chatting. It helps to talk to like-minded people, and everyone would miss you
smile.png

I need to pare down myself. My DH is overwhelmed.

I so badly wanted the MF Leghorns, but I love my SFHs and the coloring and pattern is nearly the same, so I'm going to sell the leghorns. I have a pair and a trio. I just hope I'm able to find someone local who knows what they are. He wants me to sell my sebbie pair, and I'm close to agreeing to appease him.
Wow! Beautiful colors!

Yeah, I have been restraining myself by main force from getting geese or ducks... (Well, except the two appleyard eggs in the 'bator! Besides, they might not hatch...) I'm putting geese and ducks on the same list as a new dog -- when I have my own place again, I can have waterfowl. NOT while I'm renting. (Especially when my rent keeps going up... Oi!)

Okay, just have to say it again.... TURKEY PIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fl.gif
please please please make it out, little turklings!

I so hope so! I've had the worst luck with hatching, although by and large if they pip, they seem to make it out. Yay, Narragansetts! I had three made it to lockdown, so here's hoping!

Anyone have pictures of bantam pens. Mainly OEGB bantam pens. I'm only looking to keep a trio of a few. Or how do you keep your bantam OEGB or similiar birds.

Like this?

TURKEY PIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE TWO TURKEY PIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh God, now I'm all nervous... My six-month quest for turkeys might actually succeed!!!
wee.gif

Gads, I think I'm going to go run errands, just to distract myself. I'm hovering!

Caj, I build much flimsier versions of the above out of 2x2s, which makes them very light and easy for me to pick up and move. (Also cheap). However, if you're in a high wind/high predator area, I'd suggest something sturdier like the ones krazykat posted, with carry handles on one end and wheels on the other :) If your hubby's handy at building things, show him the pic!

Last edited:
Okay, so you rabbit people.

can rabbits be fed without comercial food? I may have the husband convinced to do rabbits but I have to convince him that they could feed us in the event of a zombie apocolypse and buying rabbit pellets just isn't going to give him a warm fuzzy. I don't need them to top out at their highest weight...just be able to be healthy on forage and clippings of what we can find on our property. Is that do-able or a bad idea? I am envisioning a rabbit tractor that we can move around and we can supplement their grass with clippings of branches and kitchen scraps (I do go through about 24oz of carrots a day with my juicer and they would get all the tops from them and any additional vegetable trimmings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom