Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone want to split these birds with me? I want the Isbars, Breda, a few of the Legbars and a few of the Silkies, and maybe the Campines. But I can't absorb between 85-100 birds just overnight. That leaves open some of the Legbars, the Marans, SFH, Basque, and Silkies. I ran some numbers yesterday and it's going to cost me about $2500 between the auction, gas, and trailer rental to go get these. That equates to about $30 per bird, with no gender bias and no breed bias. I need to make up my mind pretty quick as the auction ends in just a few hours.

http://www.rarebreedauctions.com/au...out-and-sportsman-incubator&auction_id=113913

If I end up going down for these, I could set up a chicken train - Missouri to Texas.
Dont forget the permits to move that large a number of poultry across state lines too

Does anyone want to split these birds with me? I want the Isbars, Breda, a few of the Legbars and a few of the Silkies, and maybe the Campines. But I can't absorb between 85-100 birds just overnight. That leaves open some of the Legbars, the Marans, SFH, Basque, and Silkies. I ran some numbers yesterday and it's going to cost me about $2500 between the auction, gas, and trailer rental to go get these. That equates to about $30 per bird, with no gender bias and no breed bias. I need to make up my mind pretty quick as the auction ends in just a few hours.

http://www.rarebreedauctions.com/au...out-and-sportsman-incubator&auction_id=113913

If I end up going down for these, I could set up a chicken train - Missouri to Texas.
I would take the Marans....and I am in SE OK, would be on the way.

Is anyone here familiar with Intuit online payment system? They appear to charge a flat rate per transaction, of fifty cents, rather than a percentage. I've not used them before, but just had a wool processing company that was doing some fleeces for me ask for the balance by that method. Although it looks okay, I'm hesitant to put my banking info into a system I've never heard of, so figured I'd ask you guys. Thanks!
They do Quicken and TurboTax
Intuit is the same company as Quicken (I'm sure you've heard of their accounting software). I used to use Intuit to process my credit card sales transaction. The usual rate is around 30 cents plus a percentage of the transaction amount, similar to what PayPal charges. However, it's the seller (person receiving the funds) that gets charged the transaction fees, not the buyer (person sending the funds).

What she said. I haven't used their online services myself, but have heard of and worked with the company.

TURKEY PIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE TWO TURKEY PIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh God, now I'm all nervous...  My six-month quest for turkeys might actually succeed!!!

Yeah turkeys! I'm currently waiting for pips. Keep coming in the house to check. Also have a broody that should be hatching today or tomorrow by the looks of the eggs last night, sooooo of course I must keep bugging her too. I never have mean broodies. They just give up and accept that I'm gonna keep pestering them, so if they want to sit on eggs they better learn to tolerate me. Love it when the see me and hiss but stand up for me to look.

Does anyone want to split these birds with me?  I want the Isbars, Breda, a few of the Legbars and a few of the Silkies, and maybe the Campines.  But I can't absorb between 85-100 birds just overnight.  That leaves open some of the Legbars, the Marans, SFH, Basque, and Silkies.  I ran some numbers yesterday and it's going to cost me about $2500 between the auction, gas, and trailer rental to go get these.  That equates to about $30 per bird, with no gender bias and no breed bias.  I need to make up my mind pretty quick as the auction ends in just a few hours.

Man I would love to, but Wisconsin is a bit out of the way. Crud I could absorb them all! We got room. If not I not build more. I could lays take over the 30 x 40 extra tall shed my hubby thinks is his.

Does anyone want to split these birds with me?  I want the Isbars, Breda, a few of the Legbars and a few of the Silkies, and maybe the Campines.  But I can't absorb between 85-100 birds just overnight.  That leaves open some of the Legbars, the Marans, SFH, Basque, and Silkies.  I ran some numbers yesterday and it's going to cost me about $2500 between the auction, gas, and trailer rental to go get these.  That equates to about $30 per bird, with no gender bias and no breed bias.  I need to make up my mind pretty quick as the auction ends in just a few hours.

seriously...that auction looks amazing! do we know who it is that's "cooked" lol I feel bad for them in a way

Quote: You will need to talk with each states Ag Department (the NPIP office can usually point you in the right direction). Some require nothing, some require permits to enter the state with livestock. Each and any state you will be driving into and or through should be contacted. The sellers NPIP is great, but doesnt give you the legal right to transport birds into any other state if that state requires a permit.

That's why I ask. I never thought about crossing state lines, we're all in the USA after all.

So Oklahoma is easy. They must be from an NPIP flock and accompanied by CVI or NPIP Form 9-3 or Form 9-2.

Missouri on the other hand . . .
th.gif

Transporting AG is no joke, thats why horses have to have current coggins done. Yes this is the USA, but states dont want disease coming across their lines. You are actually suppose to have a current health cert to take your dog across state lines too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom