Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess I need to be specific. I just want to be fair, and I am not complaining about anything.
I claimed 6 cochin chicks from CPL. She then gave the Cochins to cluckitall, but told me that she would get eggs and hatch them for me. Cluckitall got in touch and said she would just send eggs which is fine. However, she only has a trio, so getting 12 eggs at once would mean some where a bit older. I don't know that it is fair to get to ship two separate shipments, and CPL didn't specify on the swap I claimed if I was to pay for chick shipping. I guess I assumed it was included in the swap :oops: since at the time, the shipper was responsible for shipping. I wouldn't have claimed chicks. I would be just as happy with eggs.

I also wonder what you guys think about prizes. I "won" 6 mystery eggs and 6 CCL chicks during the NYDHA. I don't want to be greedy and Keep asking for them since they where just prizes, so should I just cross those off my list?

I am trying to really figure out what my breeding plans are going to be for next year, and know what kind of coops I am going to have to save for and build

Last edited:
frow.gif

evening all,

need to be cleared for swapping..... confirmation # 9114 9010 7574 2391 4056 97
quail eggs sent to BHEP

thanks,

don

Eggs arrived.... This is a swap AND a side swap. Not sure he needs 2 clears.
smile.png

So I went out to check on my broody with her little poults. Apparently she's really getting sick of me. She bit my nose. Guess I should not have been putting it where it wasn't wanted. Ah life's lessons taught by a turkey. Her poults are all fuzzed up and cute as can be though, so it's to hard to resist. I think I will start letting the other broodies have some eggs. Won't that be fun to see how snarly I can make them. I think we could have a hissing contest! Good thing turkeys are massively hard to break. I'd run out of broodies pretty quick that way.

I pulled on off her nest to check for extras and she flogged me good. Taught me not to mess with a broody turkey for sure!

Well, I guess I need to be specific. I just want to be fair, and I am not complaining about anything.
I claimed 6 cochin chicks from CPL. She then gave the Cochins to cluckitall, but told me that she would get eggs and hatch them for me. Cluckitall got in touch and said she would just send eggs which is fine. However, she only has a trio, so getting 12 eggs at once would mean some where a bit older. I don't know that it is fair to get to ship two separate shipments, and CPL didn't specify on the swap I claimed if I was to pay for chick shipping. I guess I assumed it was included in the swap
hide.gif
since at the time, the shipper was responsible for shipping. I wouldn't have claimed chicks. I would be just as happy with eggs.

I also wonder what you guys think about prizes. I "won" 6 mystery eggs and 6 CCL chicks during the NYDHA. I don't want to be greedy and Keep asking for them since they where just prizes, so should I just cross those off my list?

I am trying to really figure out what my breeding plans are going to be for next year, and know what kind of coops I am going to have to save for and build
expect the worse and hope for the best????
hu.gif
It's hard to say anymore.

Just wanted everyone to know -- I was trying to do a good and helpful thing, bringing a couple of the breeds home to fulfill swaps for CPL. I did this because she's been very generous with me, not just in terms of chickens, but really helping me out in a tight corner. I did not know at the time that there were chick swaps outstanding. I don't really have the capacity to hatch and send chicks yet, although Sah, maybe I'll make you the trial chick shipment, especially since there is no way I can send 12 eggs at once -- these girls are not horribly good layers, and some of the eggs would be almost ten days old when they went in the mail. You would have to pay shipping, though -- I simply don't have the extra money.

I understand people's unhappiness with CPL. If that unhappiness is also going to roll over onto me for trying to help out in a difficult situation, please let me know now.

Last edited:
Just wanted everyone to know -- I was trying to do a good and helpful thing, bringing a couple of the breeds home to fulfill swaps for CPL. I did this because she's been very generous with me, not just in terms of chickens, but really helping me out in a tight corner. I did not know at the time that there were chick swaps outstanding. I don't really have the capacity to hatch and send chicks yet, although Sah, maybe I'll make you the trial chick shipment, especially since there is no way I can send 12 eggs at once -- these girls are not horribly good layers, and some of the eggs would be almost ten days old when they went in the mail. You would have to pay shipping, though -- I simply don't have the extra money.

I understand people's unhappiness with CPL. If that unhappiness is also going to roll over onto me for trying to help out in a difficult situation, please let me know now.
I know you are trying to help but I would say next time maybe look to see what you are getting yourself into. I don't know how many swaps you have to fill now but you can't expect all the claimers to pay for shipping when that wasn't part of the swap.

Another thought . . . if the PO ups rates by $9 then I'm not shipping chicks anymore. $25-$35 Express on chicks is already too expensive, especially with the higher than acceptable mortality because Express is now two days instead of overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom