Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you are trying to help but I would say next time maybe look to see what you are getting yourself into. I don't know how many swaps you have to fill now but you can't expect all the claimers to pay for shipping when that wasn't part of the swap.

None of the egg claimers will be paying for shipping. The only chick swap that I know if is Sah. If she'd like to wait until I can afford to pay the shipping, I will pay the shipping, but considering all the things I can't pay right now that could be quite a while.

I certainly can take the birds back to CPL and bow out of attempting to help.

Another thought . . . if the PO ups rates by $9 then I'm not shipping chicks anymore. $25-$35 Express on chicks is already too expensive, especially with the higher than acceptable mortality because Express is now two days instead of overnight.
And most times it doesn't show up when it suppose to anyway.

Awe cluckitall. I wasn't trying to throw you under the bus or anything. I didn't want to ask you to ship two seperate egg shipments because I wasn't getting the 6 chicks I claimed. I wanted to know if that was a reasonable expectation on my part. You have been great about pming me and I have no animosity towards you for the situation. I just wanted to know what was fair for the both of us. I am sorry if it seemed like I was talking negatively of you. I wasn't intending it

Just wanted everyone to know -- I was trying to do a good and helpful thing, bringing a couple of the breeds home to fulfill swaps for CPL. I did this because she's been very generous with me, not just in terms of chickens, but really helping me out in a tight corner. I did not know at the time that there were chick swaps outstanding. I don't really have the capacity to hatch and send chicks yet, although Sah, maybe I'll make you the trial chick shipment, especially since there is no way I can send 12 eggs at once -- these girls are not horribly good layers, and some of the eggs would be almost ten days old when they went in the mail. You would have to pay shipping, though -- I simply don't have the extra money.

I understand people's unhappiness with CPL. If that unhappiness is also going to roll over onto me for trying to help out in a difficult situation, please let me know now.

I know I have been impressed with your communication. I have not seen people being unhappy with it, but mind you I have not seen the PM'S.( Autocorrect, why do you hate me??)

My 2¢.

None of the egg claimers will be paying for shipping. The only chick swap that I know if is Sah. If she'd like to wait until I can afford to pay the shipping, I will pay the shipping, but considering all the things I can't pay right now that could be quite a while.

That's totally up to you but I would say, anyone should know what they are getting into before doing it. To expect someone to pay for shipping when they never expected isn't all that right. If she agrees then fine but she doesn't have to agree. Most of CPL's offers of chicks was with the understanding that CPL paid the shipping. I am in no means trying to start an argument.

Awe cluckitall. I wasn't trying to throw you under the bus or anything. I didn't want to ask you to ship two seperate egg shipments because I wasn't getting the 6 chicks I claimed. I wanted to know if that was a reasonable expectation on my part. You have been great about pming me and I have no animosity towards you for the situation. I just wanted to know what was fair for the both of us. I am sorry if it seemed like I was talking negatively of you. I wasn't intending it
Nah, not that at all.

Absolutely it's a reasonable expectation! You need 12 fresh eggs -- the only way to make that happen is in two shipments. I have to apologize because I'm the one who misunderstood your post -- I thought you meant it wasn't fair to you to get eggs in two shipments.

Where possible, I'm going to be combining shipments of different breeds and stuff to keep it as economical as possible, but you guys have every right to expect the eggs due you. I for one am getting pretty darn impatient to have these chooks laying fertile eggs so I can start getting swaps out, so I can just imagine how everybody else feels.

I'm sorry for having been oversensitive :)

I don't expect you to pay it, that isn't what YOU offered. I also can't afford $30 shipping right now, and it is getting too hot to ship chicks to me in FL. So, what I don't want to happen is to have chicks shipped in June/July and all be dead from heat. I would have a better chance with six eggs than that, but the chance I get 6 chicks out of 6 Eggs is slim to none.
I can say, I have faith in you sending me eggs and taking care of things. I don't want you to think that. I just wanted opinions. I guess I should have left the scenario alone and not described the situation. I knew your two Cochins weren't going to lay enough for 12 eggs and I wanted to know if asking for two shipments was too much since it wasn't even your offer I claimed

Absolutely it's a reasonable expectation! You need 12 fresh eggs -- the only way to make that happen is in two shipments. I have to apologize because I'm the one who misunderstood your post -- I thought you meant it wasn't fair to you to get eggs in two shipments.

Where possible, I'm going to be combining shipments of different breeds and stuff to keep it as economical as possible, but you guys have every right to expect the eggs due you. I for one am getting pretty darn impatient to have these chooks laying fertile eggs so I can start getting swaps out, so I can just imagine how everybody else feels.

I'm sorry for having been oversensitive :)
Ah the ladies take their time when they know others are waiting on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom