Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I candled a few turkey eggs last night and I have turkeys growing. I pulled one that didn't develop but I had cracked that one by dropping it.
hide.gif
You have no idea how many I drop! I've even killed them moving to lockdown. Usually just chicken, but I killed a Turk from Krazy That way. And yeah! Grow little turkeys grow. I have to move my nose pecking I'm tired of you looking up my bum and leave me and my babies alone momma to a bigger crate today. Need to free up the space for the next broody. Wonder how angry she's going to be? Kid is singing I am just an angry girl. angry is me. I am just and angry girl, so please leave me be. He started singing that last night when I was settling the juvies in and told him to check the broody. Wonder where he heard the original?

You have no idea how many I drop! I've even killed them moving to lockdown. Usually just chicken, but I killed a Turk from Krazy That way.
I did that with one of my coveted Wheaten Marans egg, out of the last hatch. I literally cried!
Now instead of one lone pullet....I have two, 4 months apart in age and still no roos!

Morning all. I had to make a run to he grocery store because I was out of coffee. I think I need a cup of coffee to be able to make my coffee.

Okay, that made me laugh out loud, I can so relate. The VERY first thing I do every morning is hobble into the kitchen for my coffee. I slip into a deep depression if I find I forgot to set it up the night before. It kills me on non work days that it didn't have the timer so I have to hit the button and wait for it. When I do have to wait, I am SO thankful for the pause and brew function. I always pull out the pot halfway through the brew, LOL

Quote: what about cross beaks? they only get worse and should be put down at hatch. Twisted leg? Again not a quality of life situation

I had a pullet show up in my SPPR with a mild case of cross beak. She was already a month old before I even noticed it. She got pulled out of the breeding pen and placed in with my egg flock. She gets along fine. If it had been more severe, I would have put her down. At the moment she is broody. If she's serious, I'm giving her a batch of silkie eggs to hatch for me!

Quote: My worst, I was candling some eggs (that I desperately wanted) at about day 14. I had the tray of eggs from the cabinet on the floor. I finished candling and put the flashlight on the table next to me. It rolled off the table (my heart leaped into my throat), but it hit the carpet instead of landing on the tray of eggs. But it bounced off the carpet and landed on the tray. Fortunately, it only broke one egg. It was pretty well crushed, but I tried covering the broken part with Saran wrap and leaving it in. The chick was still moving, but it didn't make it
hit.gif

Okay, that made me laugh out loud, I can so relate. The VERY first thing I do every morning is hobble into the kitchen for my coffee. I slip into a deep depression if I find I forgot to set it up the night before. It kills me on non work days that it didn't have the timer so I have to hit the button and wait for it. When I do have to wait, I am SO thankful for the pause and brew function. I always pull out the pot halfway through the brew, LOL

I had a pullet show up in my SPPR with a mild case of cross beak. She was already a month old before I even noticed it. She got pulled out of the breeding pen and placed in with my egg flock. She gets along fine. If it had been more severe, I would have put her down. At the moment she is broody. If she's serious, I'm giving her a batch of silkie eggs to hatch for me!
I am so happy with my Keurig machine. Coffee in a matter of seconds whenever I want it.

My worst, I was candling some eggs (that I desperately wanted) at about day 14. I had the tray of eggs from the cabinet on the floor. I finished candling and put the flashlight on the table next to me. It rolled off the table (my heart leaped into my throat), but it hit the carpet instead of landing on the tray of eggs. But it bounced off the carpet and landed on the tray. Fortunately, it only broke one egg. It was pretty well crushed, but I tried covering the broken part with Saran wrap and leaving it in. The chick was still moving, but it didn't make it
hit.gif
hugs.gif

Ok it's not a severe coffee lapse. I think I have the flu. At first I thought MUST HAVE COFFEE, then I though I was having a really bad fibromyalgia flare up, but that doesn't make me sick to my stomach. It really sucks when you cant tell if youre just in flare or really sick. I tried to walk the horses out to pasture. I'm to weak to hold onto them, so I struggled to get them some hay. Man I feel like crud! Thankfully I only had to feed babies and kiddo will take care of adults tonight before baseball. Oh man I hope baseball gets rained out.

Oh and Clarence I found two eggs in with the hamburgs this morning. One was pulled sized, so keep your fingers crossed hey get over being confined and go back to daily laying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom