Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see many people paying $200 per chick. Not me... that is way too much- I tap out at a max of $100. Considering a mottled roo is at $1000 right now on RBA with 4 days and 22 hrs left to go, the $200 doesn't seem so bad for a day old chick.
I don't think I'd ever cross that line. There's another farm on facebook --RockRidge --that sells their mottleds much cheaper than that. There has to be a balance somewhere. And I found another lady on facebook that has mottled lavender orps. It was supposed to be a recessive gene in her lavenders. Interesting...

I see six or seven of the juvies are out mingling with the adults. Guess they are ready to meet the parents which is good because I need to do some shuffling out there soon. I'll let them wander a bit because I'm to achy to do much about it, but I have the window cracked to hear any fighting.

I just saw one of the juveniles chasing a sparrow!

My last midget has hatched, but those lazy ducks are only pipped. Grrrr! I have midgets to get going here. Oh well they seem to hatch just fine in the incubator with no added water. If it weren't for all the fuzz I would consider letting a batch go straight through. It's just more work in cleaning though.

Quote: When I first got mine, I paid $10 per egg, but they were hand carried by me from the breeder. I really need to make more of an effort to sell them. So far I just hatch them and grow them because I love them. But then, I ate a tolbunt egg for breakfast, I'm convincing myself I can't hatch everything.

I know someone that is currently asking $20 per egg, I find that hard to believe. I don't know if she is selling them, asking isn't selling.

Well, BRB, I'm on my way to the PO to pick up Lav Orp eggs, LOL

But then, I ate a tolbunt egg for breakfast, I'm convincing myself I can't hatch everything.
th.gif
barnie.gif
lol

Last edited:
When I first got mine, I paid $10 per egg, but they were hand carried by me from the breeder. I really need to make more of an effort to sell them. So far I just hatch them and grow them because I love them. But then, I ate a tolbunt egg for breakfast, I'm convincing myself I can't hatch everything.

I know someone that is currently asking $20 per egg, I find that hard to believe. I don't know if she is selling them, asking isn't selling.

Well, BRB, I'm on my way to the PO to pick up Lav Orp eggs, LOL
I'd pay $10 an egg too if it was something I really wanted and I was picking them up but not for shipped eggs.

I don't know too many people who would pay $120+ for shipped eggs that may or may not hatch.
I'm one those people I have been trying for 3 years to get some spent around $400.00 on the eggs from 3 different sources
he.gif
and not one even developed. Then I thought my luck had changed when you and couple other members on here was offering through the swaps and I only have one chick to show for it and one egg right now that is developing. So hopefully I will recieve the rest of my swaps and have a flock of them
fl.gif

Last edited:
I'm one those people I have been trying for 3 years to get some spent around $400.00 on the eggs from 3 different sources
he.gif
and not one even developed. Then I thought my luck had changed when you and couple other members on here was offering through the swaps and I only have one chick to show for it and one egg right now that is developing. So hopefully I will recieve the rest of my swaps and have a flock of them
fl.gif
Shipping is hard on Polish eggs.

A supposedly Peking duck just hatched, but it looks exactly like the two other not pekins. If memory serves aren't pekins yellow at hatch?

If so either someone mixed up eggs which is easy to do when they all look alike or they got a little hussy on their hands. Been there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom