Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, no...to sum up: 

CPL, who has been a really generous and avid swapper in the past has had a lot of life-issues lately. And some people were getting worried that she had dropped off the edge of the world because she has also been completely avalanched by pm's.  (But without any communication, they did not know what was up.)  This was compounded by a couple of boxes of eggs that didn't arrive in good shape because of her husband trying to help packing them.  BM6 was kind enough to let us in on a bit of what was going on because she's a friend and knows her offline also.  but unfortunately now CPL is overwhelmed and feeling like everyone has ganged up. 

Life does get overwhelming sometimes. but letting people in can also be cathartic, too.  People want to be understanding and can be if they know what is going on.

it is an unfortunate situation. I want to hug everyone but I cant.

Wow thank you SO MUCH!!, yes life happens and several people here have been nice enough to send me the highlights of people bashing me and BM6 lately. Do I need to remind everyone that I started this swap? I have no intention of cheating anyone of anything least of all some eggs. I don't take full credit for the success of the swap, Madamwlf 1st started offering her CCL and Tolbunts on the swap and that helped me make the decision to offer my rare breeds to all. I am super glad Madamwlf offered to take the swap at the 1st of the year. Giving it up was one of te hardest decisions I have ever made in my life, and I was a corporate executive for years before I became disabled so I have made some hard decisions in my life. With my mother in law dying in my living room this Winter and my declining health, giving up the swap turned out for the best. I have been told some people are calling me "Wayne" seriously?? Give me a break, sticks and stones and all that. If I intended to rip anyone off here I would have been long gone. I want to thank all the people who have sent me encouraging PM's especially my Christian friends. Pysanksi girl. I am so sorry to hear about your recent troubles.

So publicly so there is no confusion I am setting the last of my eggs this Sunday/Monday for chick shipping and then I will resume sending out eggs. To those who have been especially nasty during all of this I will be sending you paypal refunds, I do not care to waste my rarebreed eggs or time and money on you.

I want to thank everyone who has been supportive communicated or not communicated, I know who you are. I apologize for my absence and lack of communication these past few months, I will try to make myself more avalible now. I do still have over 300+ PM's to answer and I will try to get to them all.

And to those whining about me buying birds on RBA recently, I make no apologies it is much easier to make a bid on RBA in a few seconds and get offline than to answer PM's or check the chat board. Forgive me and as always I plan to share eggs/chicks from any newly acquired breeds.

Please if you have any issues with me or questions PM me instead of stewing about it, I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.

Rachael

((hugs))) YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT!!

X 2 Please no worries about my chicks. Doesn't matter if I get them this spring or next or never. This thread has already given me ( with just a little backyard flock) the opportunity to hatch bantam choc orps, bantam ameraucanas, seramas and so many more breeds that I didn't think I'd ever afford to have. Your starting this thread has brought me so much joy. Thank you. You owe me nothing.

Well, chicken chores done, garden weeded, and compost turned and ready to spread tomorrow. Finally get to plant my garden :weee Also, a picture of my compost from a few weeks ago:

The white flecks are from Siberian elms. We are infested with them. The straw doesn't break down too well, but that is fine because it helps to retain moisture.

* I also want to note that pic is taken before I watered and turned it, so kinda dry.

Last edited:
I was totally wrong yesterday. My 2 black bantam orp hens aren't broody at all. Apparently it was a late evening egg laying session.
th.gif
I've never had hens lay 7pm at night.

Hi, all! It's been a busy day here. It's been very beautiful but quite hot (88)! I went to a swap this morning and sold 21 chicks and juvies and have about the same number pre-sold for next weekend. Whew! A little breathing room! I hope everyone is having a great day!
I have 5 Rhodebar out! I'm waiting for them to dry off enough to see what I have. I put 8 eggs into lockdown with 5 out so far! Yay! Maybe the hatching hodoo has gone away.
Congrats!
I'm making progess on my porcelain orpington project. Here's one of my chicks (with cornish rocks).
Pretty chick!
Wow thank you SO MUCH!!, yes life happens and several people here have been nice enough to send me the highlights of people bashing me and BM6 lately. Do I need to remind everyone that I started this swap? I have no intention of cheating anyone of anything least of all some eggs. I don't take full credit for the success of the swap, Madamwlf 1st started offering her CCL and Tolbunts on the swap and that helped me make the decision to offer my rare breeds to all. I am super glad Madamwlf offered to take the swap at the 1st of the year. Giving it up was one of te hardest decisions I have ever made in my life, and I was a corporate executive for years before I became disabled so I have made some hard decisions in my life. With my mother in law dying in my living room this Winter and my declining health, giving up the swap turned out for the best. I have been told some people are calling me "Wayne" seriously?? Give me a break, sticks and stones and all that. If I intended to rip anyone off here I would have been long gone. I want to thank all the people who have sent me encouraging PM's especially my Christian friends. Pysanksi girl. I am so sorry to hear about your recent troubles. So publicly so there is no confusion I am setting the last of my eggs this Sunday/Monday for chick shipping and then I will resume sending out eggs. To those who have been especially nasty during all of this I will be sending you paypal refunds, I do not care to waste my rarebreed eggs or time and money on you. I want to thank everyone who has been supportive communicated or not communicated, I know who you are. I apologize for my absence and lack of communication these past few months, I will try to make myself more avalible now. I do still have over 300+ PM's to answer and I will try to get to them all. And to those whining about me buying birds on RBA recently, I make no apologies it is much easier to make a bid on RBA in a few seconds and get offline than to answer PM's or check the chat board. Forgive me and as always I plan to share eggs/chicks from any newly acquired breeds. Please if you have any issues with me or questions PM me instead of stewing about it, I will try to get back to you as soon as I can. Rachael
I'm very sorry you have had to deal with so much this year. I truly hope you are feeling better and the rest of the year brings with it much needed peace.

Forgive me for butting in--- KEEP your dresses, you will want a night out once in a while. Or you can live like I do: some days I change 6 times from farm clothes to town clothes and back again. I"m sure to mismatch at some point, usually wrong shoes! Left on my barn shoes.
sickbyc.gif
yuk!
Oh Haa Haa I can totally relate, I was at the DR for my weekly infusion, freshly showered, new clothes, perfume, hair the works and I looked down in horror, my barn shoes complete with chicken poop. I don't embarrass easily but this takes the cake!! The nurse was nice enough to " pretend" not to notice. Bless her!!

darn good thing we tape the ENTIRE bottom of every box we ever ship out because lord knows the PO isnt careful with them. Shipped 5 boxes this week and got calls that day they arrived from 4 of the 5 receivers, with follow up emails and texts with pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom