Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok you creative people. I have a challenge for you.
7B26F888-22B7-44EB-9B9E-FEE3CDD17EBB-1925-000002C861024F2F.jpg

I have 15 of these solar lights, most of the panels don't work anymore (or the rechargeable battery is shot) but they have these glass globes on them. I am trying to thing of a way to make them into feeders for the chicken coops... I think they'd be cool looking, maybe not all that practical, but id like to reuse them.
Any suggestions?

I contemplated the idea of taking the solar panels and rigging them to heat an outside brooder, but pretty sure that is above my skill level.
You can get new batteries at homedepot and lowes for those lights. There is also solar paint you can coat the glass with so they glow softly at night. Or solar rocks you can fill them with and use wire around them to secure hanging as soft lights.

I also though of using hosing and making them into auto waterers... I could mount them on the metal kennel chicken runs and have a low pressure hose and and a float for controlling water level... Hmmm. Need some advice ;)

You can get new batteries at homedepot and lowes for those lights. There is also solar paint you can coat the glass with so they glow softly at night. Or solar rocks you can fill them with and use wire around them to secure hanging as soft lights.

Oooo, I could do that and have them hanging under the shade cloth I have over the chicken runs... ;) thanks

I also though of using hosing and making them into auto waterers... I could mount them on the metal kennel chicken runs and have a low pressure hose and and a float for controlling water level... Hmmm. Need some advice
wink.png
if you use the black dripper sprinkler lines and figure out how long it takes to fill them and use a timer to kick on once an hour or two hours for X amount of time (the length of time it takes to fill it from the line) they would make nice water cups. Glass is easy peasy to clean too.

Loop wire around the glass and make a loop for hanging.

sonew sorry about the eco40 trouble. The digetal is harder to calibrate. I belive they tear them down and replace parts as needed. I saw a bunch inthe work shop when I was just there two weeks ago. Some on, some open, some in the middle of repair.

Found this for one of their brooders to reset the temp
Quote:
Stable and correct temperature is essential for good results. Adjust with care.
6.1 Note: your brooder may not be set to the correct temperature from the factory and the following
procedure must be followed before introducing animals.
6.2 As the brooder warms up and approaches its control setting the heater on asterisk “*” will change from
continuously on to flashing. Allow the brooder to stabilise for at least an hour before adjusting the
temperature.
6.3 Press the - and + buttons simultaneously to unlock the main menu. Press OK to select the temperature
screen and adjust as necessary using the + and – buttons. Press OK to return to the Main Menu and then
scroll down to Save. Press OK to save the changes. When reducing temperature the asterisk may go out
while the brooder cools – this is normal.
6.4 Refer to the digital temperature display to check temperature. The display shows the air temperature in
increments of 0.1°.
6.5 The Display can be switched to show all temperature settings in degrees Fahrenheit. Press the - and +
buttons simultaneously to unlock the main menu. Scroll to the C/F option and press OK to select the C/F
display screen. Press the + button to select °F or the – button to selec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom