Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a box of beautiful olive eggs from Gamebirdsonly! The box was banged up, but the packaging was so well done that all the eggs are fine. They are currently resting, and I can't wait to put them in the incubator! Thank you so much!
big_smile.png

6 eggs arrived safely today from Wayne813.
clap.gif
celebrate.gif
Thank you very much Wayne. I'll post the update when I do my first candling.

crazypetlady, I have meaning to ask if your hedemoras are feather legged or smooth.

I have a black silkie roo
A blue smooth hen
A dark brown with brown collar furry footed hen
A smooth duck wing roo
A lavender silkie hen
A smooth lavender hen

Only the 1 hen is furry footed.

I will get some pix soon.

Just want to say how much I appreciate being able to participate in this swap
love.gif
I have received some beautiful eggs from some great people who have packaged them with care and did everything possible to make sure they got to me in great shape (thank you cjwaldon, crfarms, swindledana, gamebirdsonly).

I'm sorry if I seemed to be complaining about certain things, it was not my intent I am just too opinionated for my own good sometimes. I do apologize and thanks again to everyone who participates and esp crazypetlady for managing the thread, I'm really enjoying it, and looking forward to being able to offer my own eggs in the Spring
celebrate.gif

Just want to say how much I appreciate being able to participate in this swap
love.gif
I have received some beautiful eggs from some great people who have packaged them with care and did everything possible to make sure they got to me in great shape (thank you cjwaldon, crfarms, swindledana, gamebirdsonly).

I'm sorry if I seemed to be complaining about certain things, it was not my intent I am just too opinionated for my own good sometimes. I do apologize and thanks again to everyone who participates and esp crazypetlady for managing the thread, I'm really enjoying it, and looking forward to being able to offer my own eggs in the Spring
celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif

Ok this embarrassing but I'd rather tell then have some one have a bad egg. I sent some here duck eggs. I just candled mine that were set the same time and I had 2 stinkers. I'm pretty sure I candled BEFORE I sent them but just in case. I get them from my friend and sometimes his wife washes the eggs even though we tell her not to.
roll.png

On the bright side I did just hatch some of those cute scovies and got chocolate, chocolate and white and lavender and white.
Please check your eggs!!

Oh, hey, I think that's my "Mine",
big_smile.png
. You've sent them? Yay! I hate this not getting email updates! Now I really get why you other folks were so annoyed with it. I'm so far behind the ball on all my threads, grrr. It's my only social outlet at the moment (how pathetic is that?), and I'm missing swaps.
rant.gif

How the heck do you know if you have fertile eggs right away by candling? I'm still getting schooled on bad air sacs....

I would LOVE to claim/swap chicks! I'll hopefully have American Onagadori, Nankins, lemon/citreon Sablepoots, Khaki Campbell ducklings, Narragansetts, and really hopefully, project lemon/citreon d'Uccles to offer come next Spring. Sigh.

Crazychickenlady, I have one d'Uccle egg looking really good here around the 14th day! Might not sound like much, but after getting so many clears, I'm excited.
wee.gif
None of the turkey eggs did anything and had to be chucked. I truly think my problem is how far west I am. I'm pretty much located at the far upper left-hand side of the lower USA, and my eggs don't come through shipping well at all. It's distressing, but still I get hopeful and excited every time I get one of those "fragile" boxes....

I am not yet certified NPIIP but have looked into it and definitely am going to do it before next Spring. Still building my pens and finishing the nighttime coops and don't feel ready yet.

Ugh, sorry for blathering on - I want my notification emails back! Whine.....

Last edited:
PLEASE EVERYONE...............DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY !!

I have a concern with the offers for eggs in the Spring etc.... how far out is everyone extending themselves? What happens if you lose your flocks? Predators, disease.....whatever. Or if situations change and you can't afford the shipping? It almost seems like some will be extended all the way to summer, at least.

AGAIN........PLEASE DO NOT BE OFFENDED OR CHEW ME OUT. Just a concerned chicken friend.
D.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom