Hatching Eggs

Thanks, I hope little duckie pips soon :) I'm wondering if maybe I miscalculated by a day since I didn't start incubation until a Sunday night (about 8pm) and I counted that day. I'm thinking I shouldn't have counted until the next day as the 1st day.

Mostly it ran 99/100(mine won't tell me 1/2s, I need to get a better one for next time, this time I wasn't prepared how I want to be for future ones), I had 1 VERY brief temp spike of 101 toward the beginning but thankfully everything turned out ok (stupid a/c froze, I noticed immediately), now it's running 98/99. I might peek again tonight real quick and look/listen for pips. I don't want to disturb too much because it looks like duckie is in right position (beak was just under air sac last night). I worry about causing confusion and having duckie reposition wrong.

Hey, I think you might be right and he/she was a little slower to develop (or instead of 28 days maybe it takes longer to hatch since I don't know for sure what the parents are?). Hopefully everything will still be alright if it's just a slower develop? Air sac looks good, little duckling is filling up all the space in the egg minus just the very top edge now. all veins look great too.

How is it goung? It sounds like the humidity might have been a little low. If he is too be I don't think he will be able to peck and you might have to help

I took a couple pics of the air sac today, and I really don't think the humidity is too low at all. I thought if it was too low air sac would be too big wouldn't it? Here is a pic (the best one of the few I took), this is on the side with the lower dip down:

Back
Top Bottom