hatching geese eggs

Quote:
No, they are pretty curious and don't have any trouble finding food and water on their own. Since your's had a rough hatch you probably should give it some infant vitamins to give it a boost.

Thanks
smile.png

countrychix Well out of the original 42 12 were a week ahead. So out of those 12 7 of them went to lockdown.

The 30 that are a week behind I think 23 of those will go to lockdown in a week. So 30 out of the original 42. These were all shipped pilgrim eggs. I also lost power twice during incubation. Once for 6 hours and once for 5.
Really looking forward to just getting these hatched.

Quote:
Wow, great! Shipped eggs are always a gamble, but it sounds like you made out quite well thus far. I'll be waiting and watching for any news... and don't forget to have the camera ready.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Best of luck, we will be waiting impatiently to hear the good news!

Vik...Is your last goose egg still going strong

Yep, still looking good although I am a little concerned about the air cell being too small. I might start misting to try and get it bigger.

I am starting to think about a brooder. What does everyone else use? Any pics? I remember having a heck of a job keeping the brooder for my 4 ducks clean and dry. What the heck was I thinking hatching 15 ducks and a goose!!!

If you want the air sell to get bigger dont add any more water I let my humidity run down to 25% and left it like that for 3 days. Once it pipped then I put it up to 80%.
Go and get yourself a big plastic pool from Argos or somewhere. Thats what I use inmy spare room, but with 14 ducklings and 4 goslings, they will be moving out pretty quick. They are now jumping to try and get over the sides and I woke up yesterday morning to a duckling in the hallway running to greet me. Good job Locksley didnt see him or he would of been a gonner.
roll.png

For a brooder I use Old appler bins. There 4 by 4 with almost 3 ft sides. I have covers for them if I need them. As I do my brooding in our barn. I also use heat lamps for my heat source.

5 little pilgrims inside the incubator this morning. The last two eggs one is zipping and nothing from the other yet. I have no pics yet. Tried but you couldn't see anything in them.

Back
Top Bottom