hatching geese eggs

Hi

The Candler is another ESSENTIAL part of my incubation tool kit. It cost me about $40 and is mains operated and a powerful LED light. Never any worries about being dim due to low battery power and without it I would never be able to assess in detail what is happening in the eggs. Its even powerful enough to illuminate Rhea eggs through their thick shells
wink.png

80310_candler.jpg

Our Powerlux Candler

On the subject of Africans we collect our young exhibition pair in a few weeks. They're decended directly from Holderread stock which are so hard to find in the UK. Cant wait
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

80310_buff-african3.jpg

Pete
wink.png

Pete, are those Buff Africans?
Gorgeous specimens!

My buddy had a 100% hatch rate with his Africans in a still-air (Little Giant... I think it was) incubator.

Has anybody else has some pips or hatching? Anybody put in new batches? I am anxious to see pics and hear news!
C'mon peeps!

Hi Balbinka - yes well spotted they're Buff Africans and a fantastic bloodline, size and type
lol.png

Alas - they should externally pip very soon. If you're nervous then simply listen to the eggs to check their breathing
smile.png

Pete

Balbinka, I put in a new batch of 11 toulouse on 4/20. They started out in another incubator and once my sebbies hatched out they were transferred to that one which holds temps and humidity better. These were just some eggs I purchased cheaply from a hobby farmer. He never hatched nor knew how to handle geese eggs for hatching, so Idon't expect too much to come from them and if I get nothing at all at least I tried and I'm not out a lot of cash. I candled just 5 last night and I think at least one is developing but I'll know better around day 10. They're so hard to see until then.

Chix - that's a good deal and well worth trying. Are they Dewlaps?? I tend to find they need low humidity conditions.

Balbinka - dont worry I've got staggered hatches all over the place which is even confusing me
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

I've Grey Dewlaps from my Holderread Giant gander on day 19 and day 14.

Dewlaps from my new buff female at 14, 10 and 5 days

Dewlaps from my buff female mated to new Canadian line gander at 5 days.

Rouens at 10 days

Giunea fowl and quail just been set.

Also got 2 pairs of our Macaws sittingfertile eggs
cool.png

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Oh my goosness its going to get busy here
ep.gif

Pete
wink.png

Back