Hatching Khaki Campbells

i cannot thank you enough for the advice! i will be sure to post photos if they successfully hatch :) also, do you have any advice for what i should do in the case that the duckling hasnt absorbed its yolk sac? thank you again :hugs

You're very welcome... sorry, got busy and missed your question... also, WV gives great advice too... :)

If it hatches with yolk sac, pop it in a small cup lubed up with vaseline so it won't stick to the cup and leave it in it til it absorbs... if it runs around it risks popping it and that's about 99% fatal if yolk sac ruptures...
50-60% humidity is a bit high for first 25 days, you usually only want to get it higher when they hatching... was there a lot of liquid in the shell inside with the one that didn't make it? Or goo, mighta been hardened?

there wasn't really any liquid at all, there was a little bit of goo around the yolk sac but that's really it. when i last candled the other ducklings they looked like there was a good bit of liquid still in there. my humidity is at 50% right now ranging from 47% to 60% at the highest but it keeps fluctuating so i can't really tell

i checked this morning and another one is in the air cell ( or trying to get to it) and this time i can hear it peeping! i cant quite see the bill but i can see where it is trying to break through to the air sac and i can hear its little chirps so thats a good sign i guess!!!

oh sorry, it's usually anywhere between 50% and 60%, i don't know how to get it higher. it's a styrofoam incubator with the little water canals at the bottom and i make sure they are always filled. it was moving this morning when i left for school but when i got back at 10:30 it was dead. i have at Least 2 more that are supposed to hatch in the next few days. it's just so disappointing because i got my hopes up and the first one didn't make it
sad.png
but if you could tell me how to get the humidity higher maybe that would help?

Sounds like he ran out of air.

how long do they typically have after internally pipping? i have another that pipped at 10pm last night and still hasnt made any progress and im getting worried

Back
Top Bottom