Hatching Party! Wanna Join?! Set 8/7, Hatching 8/27!!

I will join too
smile.png

Have 6 cuckoo marans in the bator!

My last hatch was a flop but it was a last minute save- found 30 plus guinea eggs- then over half thru realized i didn't turn on the egg turner. Got 6 to hatch.

So this time all is on and working. Could only get 6 eggs cause it is too hot here in So. Ark- eggs way down.

My hatch rate has been about 80% with the marans so maybe get 4
smile.png

Mine is a little giant and i have temp at 100 and humidity around 45%. Increase humidity about day 15 and had luck with that previously
smile.png

My temps are varying so wildly among the three thermometers! Just checked: 101/98/96. What am I supposed to do with that?! I had the temps perfect before I cleaned it and put in new eggs. Urgh.

I've officially crossed the line into chicken-obsessed.

My broody could only fit 12 of those 18 BCM eggs under her. I could not bear the thought of throwing out those other 6 eggs. With the high temps we've had here, some are sure to be duds. So, I went out and bought a little giant 'bator today.
th.gif

I figure I can sort the duds out in about 5 or 6 days and put the good ones under Lacey. Worst case scenario, I'll shove the hatched chicks under her if I am not able to give her all the eggs before that.

Quote:
I'm with you there. I kept ordering baby chciks. Then I though hey wouldn't it be fun to hatch...so I bought a small incubator that holds 7 eggs. I order 12 eggs thinking some may be broken in shipment. They sent me 15 eggs so I thought well I need a bigger incubator and bouth the Hoverbator 1588. Well only one chick hatched. I can't have that so what do I do I go out and get 56 more eggs...I need Chickens Anonymous.
hide.gif

I have a question, i have a hovabator and i'm hatching duck eggs, the incubator has stayed at 74% - 80% humudity the whole time with all the trays filled. For hatching how do i get the humidity up to 94%?

Quote:
When I needed to up my humidity I put a small jar of hot water in the bator. Others have used sponges and damp paper towels.

Last edited:
I put 16 in the bator on 08/08, it is my first time. I'm using a Brinsea Octagon 20 advance, it is holding the temps right on 99.5 and it is so humid here in Alabama I have not had to add water yet for the humidity. I will say I am very nervous.

Back
Top Bottom