Hatching peafowl with a broody chicken

I woke her up.....

So here are my peachicks now. They are almost 4 weeks. Can anyone tell their sex yet? Or what the lighter one's color or breed is? They are gaining weight really good. The brown one is 259g and the lighter one is 229g.

The top one is an India Blue, possibly a cock, the other one is a Black Shoulder, without knowing the parents color I could not guess what color it is. Sexing a Black Shoulder takes more time than other patterns.

So here are my peachicks now. They are almost 4 weeks. Can anyone tell their sex yet? Or what the lighter one's color or breed is? They are gaining weight really good. The brown one is 259g and the lighter one is 229g.

what kingsbee said, and any new picts? its been two weeks, should get easier to sex them every week.

and I have peachicks raised by chickens too, never had any problems. when the chicken hens raise them their with other chickens and ducks and free ranged. so far never lost one and they're always super healthy. momma hens always protect them so never any problems with other chickens pecking them. only problem I saw was when two different hens had two different batched is pea chicks and the one wanted them all. the hens had it out and they both kept chicks, not sure if any changed hands/wings. that was when they first hatched tho. two months later its all good. I just hope they keep the habit of coming in and roosting at night. that would be awesome!!!

Back
Top Bottom