Hatching ring neck pheasent eggs question

whitecra

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
Oklahoma
A friend at chuch has been trying to hatch pheasent eggs all summer. Last week she did get some to hatch but only one has lived. She said that she had to help them hatch because they wouldn't hatch on their own. Ok she has given mr 18 eggs to see if I can get them to hatch. My question is what is different in hatching them and hatching chicken eggs. I know they are forming because I have candled them. They have been in the bator for a week now. When time comes for them to hatch do I need to help them out? After they hatch what is the best thing to feed them. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Chris

Hi Chris,
What is your humidity?Are you using a styrofoam bator?Does it have a fan?
The problem with styrofoam bators is if you don't use the fan the temperature will change with the room temp.If the eggs are fertile it has to be either humidity or air flow or both.It takes 25 -26 days for a ringneck to hatch.Your bator should be set at 99.5 for hatching.You shouldn't have to help any birds hatch.
In N.H.,Tony.

Quote:
I use a still air styrofoam bator and that is what I use for hatching chicken eggs. I didn't think you had to help them. I told her they should be like the chickens when hatching. I am hoping the ones I have will hatch without a problem. Thanks for the info.
Chris

Back
Top Bottom