hatching today..very excited

laura29532

Songster
7 Years
Jul 18, 2016
my incubator is the topic of interest today, my eggs started hatching..yay.!!!
Black Orpington, Blue Wyandette, Black Silkies and my own Ameracauna eggs..
so exciting, can not wait to see their little selves..grandkids are patiently waiting
with a bottle of hand sanitizer ready...dont think anyone will sleep tonight..:)
I have silver lace Wyandettes ready to hatch the 14th..I love listening to the eggs
roll around just before hatching..!! My Royal Palm and Blue slate eggs are due to
hatch the end of this month...now their the ones I'm waiting to welcome...
like a kid in the candy store...love them all..lol

Last edited:
Thanks y`all. I have one question,after the first chick hatched,about an hour later he started zipping all over rolling the other eggs all over. Question, during their hatching their egg don't move right.Will it stop the other eggs during their hatch to be rolled around.? He was just a rolling and climbing on them all..one other had just broke a tiny hole thru.he's a big chick with some huge feet..blue wyanadette.any ideas.? I have the chick box ready and at 100° but he's not quite dry..

Thanks y`all. I have one question,after the first chick hatched,about an hour later he started zipping all over rolling the other eggs all over. Question, during their hatching their egg don't move right.Will it stop the other eggs during their hatch to be rolled around.? He was just a rolling and climbing on them all..one other had just broke a tiny hole thru.he's a big chick with some huge feet..blue wyanadette.any ideas.? I have the chick box ready and at 100° but he's not quite dry..
They will be fine. Congrats on the hatch.

I now set my hatch date on weekdays so I am not tempted to check on them every 5 minutes like I did on a weekend hatch. It's a little more stressfull being at work thinking about everything that's going on but I never had a problem with anything not hatching due to the others rolling around. I've only done 3 hatches so far since this is my first year but found better success with the 2 that I left alone. Mostly that was due to a more constant humidity by not opening the lid I think.

Last edited:
They will be fine. Congrats on the hatch.
Thanks so much..quick question, I'm hatching chicken eggs, fourth has hatched out of 17. Should there be such a smell in there..I get a hint of bad smell every time I get close up to look in the Windows..is that normal? Should I take the shells out from the ones that hatched.? New at this hatching thing..it real exciting though..:)

heres a few pics from my newly hatched. They are still hatching today, three in the process. I can't wait to see what's next..
I have one Black Orpington, 2 Blue Wyandottes and one Ameracauna that have hatched so far out of 21 eggs..The white
chick is from a light green egg from an order I done out of Florida..I know its supposed to be a Blue Wyandotte but not sure
why its body is white, its head and wings are very light yellow..eyes look black..It wasn't any of the colors I could find from that
kind of chicken..he look to be still wet but hes all dry now...

heres a few pics from my newly hatched. They are still hatching today, three in the process. I can't wait to see what's next..
I have one Black Orpington, 2 Blue Wyandottes and one Ameracauna that have hatched so far out of 21 eggs..The white
chick is from a light green egg from an order I done out of Florida..I know its supposed to be a Blue Wyandotte but not sure
why its body is white, its head and wings are very light yellow..eyes look black..It wasn't any of the colors I could find from that
kind of chicken..he look to be still wet but hes all dry now...

The down color can be different from the feather color.

Back
Top Bottom