Hatching with 2 broodies

Quick report: Marans Chickie #2 is here!! Pictures to come later.
Still no signs of life from the other 2 marans eggs or the 2 EEs. We're at Day 21+ 15 hours.

Quick report: Marans Chickie #2 is here!! Pictures to come later.
Still no signs of life from the other 2 marans eggs or the 2 EEs. We're at Day 21+ 15 hours.

Congrats and now your first chick has a buddy. Hoping for more from your team though
fl.gif
I have 8 days till hatching time though I think it may be the 9th day when they actually do because I put them in on Thursday the 4th at about 4 p.m.

Goooood morning Team Broody!

Cue music! Commence happy dancing
celebrate.gif
... woo hooo !!!
Great news Liz, so very very happy for you ... This is easy isn't it?; we were not stressed at all!! rofl
Looking forward to more good news when I check back at lunch time.

Thanks again for the helpful info Tommysgirl ... Cilla loves her rice and lettuce which I think should be OK for the bubs to share, probably not super nutritional but something she would like. Cilla does love her scrambled eggs also .. that is OK for the bubs?

And sorry, one more question .. is there such a thing as too early to let mum and bubs in the garden under strict supervision .. I was thinking of letting them out for a wander this weekend when they will be a week old?

Goooood morning Team Broody!

celebrate.gif
... woo hooo !!!
Great news Liz, so very very happy for you ... This is easy isn't it?; we were not stressed at all!! rofl

Thanks again for the helpful info Tommysgirl ... Cilla loves her rice and lettuce which I think should be OK for the bubs to share, probably not super nutritional but something she would like. Cilla does love her scrambled eggs also .. that is OK for the bubs?

And sorry, one more question .. is there such a thing as too early to let mum and bubs in the garden under strict supervision .. I was thinking of letting them out for a wander this weekend when they will be a week old?

I have only done this one time before but I just let my girl take the lead. She kept them in the coop with her for three or four days then taught them to go down the ramp. They stayed in the pen for awhile...maybe 3 or so days then started free ranging. Cilla will probably know best and yes. the chicks love scrambled eggs. their first "meal" is the egg yolk so it is a very natural thing for them

celebrate.gif
... woo hooo !!!
Thanks, Teila!! It is exciting! (teehee, the ad next to me while I'm writing this is for Quantas - maybe they're hoping we'll come meet each other's chicks?)
They're really starting to seem like a little family, now. Team parenting is going great. They're still loyally setting on the other eggs - I really hope at least one of those EEs makes it!!

I wish these pictures were better-situated, but it's a fun taste of the cuteness that has invaded my life:
Stolen Chickie #2!:

Siblings (what a difference a day makes):

Co-parenting moment ("We've got us a family, here!"):

Family feeding session (#2 isn't quite ready for it):

Thanks, Teila!! It is exciting! (teehee, the ad next to me while I'm writing this is for Quantas - maybe they're hoping we'll come meet each other's chicks?)
They're really starting to seem like a little family, now. Team parenting is going great. They're still loyally setting on the other eggs - I really hope at least one of those EEs makes it!!

I wish these pictures were better-situated, but it's a fun taste of the cuteness that has invaded my life:
Stolen Chickie #2!:

I love your pics!. what breeds are the mamas again?

I have only done this one time before but I just let my girl take the lead. She kept them in the coop with her for three or four days then taught them to go down the ramp. They stayed in the pen for awhile...maybe 3 or so days then started free ranging. Cilla will probably know best and yes. the chicks love scrambled eggs. their first "meal" is the egg yolk so it is a very natural thing for them
Thanks again tommysgirl! I have no idea what I would do without Team Broody!

I didn't know that chicks and confined hens can only have the crumble unless they have grit and dirt to help break other stuff down. I will have to wait for the weekend to get some more grit before I add a little variety to their diet.

I think I will open up the coop on the weekend as well .. see if Cilla would like to introduce her bubs to a whole new world!

Stolen Chickie #2!:

** Nothing wrong with the picture at all!! Totally adorable and I am so happy you are sharing them :) Lols @ Stolen Chickie!

*** Wow, I look at my bubs and think "Aaaw, the little guys have grown" .. you picture is a good guide as to just how much!

**** Tee hee, that is gorgeous :)

Aaaaw, #2 is probably a little confused with the 'modern family' set up! ....

Wonderful pictures ... sadly, back to work ... I will check in again later!
Keep the good news coming Team Broody!! :)

Back
Top Bottom