Hatchling head injury

Puranin

Chirping
Dec 8, 2016
Tennessee
Not sure how or what happened. This little one hatched earlier today. I checked on mama and saw this ones head was bleeding. I brought it in and put it in a brooder. I don't really want to take it from mama but was worried about the baby getting hurt. She is alert and running around and the bleeding has stopped but her nose is running. Should I put her back with mama? Is there anything else to do to help it?

Attachments

• 15418806228711872683032.jpg
    15418806228711872683032.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 36
I meant once ALL of the others have hatched and 'the hatching is complete'. Is there a possibility that the wound needs a stitch ?

I meant once ALL of the others have hatched and 'the hatching is complete'. Is there a possibility that the wound needs a stitch ?
I don't think it needs a stitch seems like she was scalped in one spot. I don't think any others are going to hatch. Its this mamas 1st round. She stepped on two. Pretty sure one died halfway in incubation, one hatched so far, and am unsure as to the remaining 2. I hear no peeps and see no pips. Was going to wait until tomorrow maybe Monday just to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom