Hatchling problem

PopPop63

Chirping
Jan 14, 2024
This duck hatched yesterday and today I saw this what I took it out of incubator. Is this from yolk. I've never seen this before.

Attachments

• duck gut.jpg
    duck gut.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 23
Looks like that one had a hard hatch. I see egg shell fragments so my guess it this one might have dragged around some unabsorbed yolk and it may have been torn off if the dried dark stuff is blood, could just be egg goop too. I don't see anything sticking out that should be inside so hopefully everything has dried up and there won't be infection. I probably wouldn't hurt to use a bit of disinfectant around the umbilicus but it may not be needed if it is already closed off.

Looks like that one had a hard hatch. I see egg shell fragments so my guess it this one might have dragged around some unabsorbed yolk and it may have been torn off if the dried dark stuff is blood, could just be egg goop too. I don't see anything sticking out that should be inside so hopefully everything has dried up and there won't be infection. I probably wouldn't hurt to use a bit of disinfectant around the umbilicus but it may not be needed if it is already closed off.
it is getting around fine and acts normal. there were 9 dux and 20 clux in that farm innovators incubator along with all the shells and goop.

Back
Top Bottom