Hate USPS

I've always been really pleased with the USPS... until I ordered hatching eggs. There is now a box of rotten eggs sitting in a sort facility somewhere in Arkansas. I waited the required 30 days for it to be considered 'lost' and when I called they said I needed to contact the shipper and have the shipper file the claim (and then what, refund me?). SO frustrating because *I* paid for the shipping and *I* paid for the added insurance on the package. Their reasoning was because it never made it out of the origination state (what does that have to do with anything?)

Anyone else ever have to deal with filing an insurance claim with USPS?
Yup. Never a refund on 3 claims. All BS. Even an overnight express did not arrive overnight-- if you read the fine print priority really isn't priority and expres really isnot express-- it is all advertising BS.

Having said that, my local PO staffers are gems. THey are well versed in handling eggs and chicks. And have my phone number. That is the benefit of a small town. If I take my eggs to another po they are the opposite and know nothing-- so I only ship out of those facilities in VERY well packed boxes. WHen first batched arrived to hub on a SUnday, they called us offering the possibiblity of driving 40 min to the hub. Dh left to get the chicks while I put the finishing touches on the new brooder.

Shipping is about speed. Though they do take better care of chicks and poults. I've only received a few shipments- 4, and had no losses at the time of reciept.

OPI"m sorry for your distress, perhaps you can call the po ahead of time to make arrangements for pick up, or send to another po that you can get to. Expecting babies is stressful . . .hope things go better now.

Back
Top Bottom