Have I Stuffed Up?

No more eggs pipping so far, but the first two are more obvious now... but now I have peeping! I had to add water, and I heard them from inside the shell! I can't believe it... it is truly a miracle... not because they are beginning to hatch when I feared they were all lost, but because it's a true miracle of life. I can't explain how I feel.
@WVduckchick
@RubyNala97

There's something magical about hatching baby ducks. I love hatching my little chicks but I can't really explain it either. Chicks are like livestock and ducks are like pets, in a sense, if that does it any justice. Probably not. But we know how you feel!! :love

Yes, @RubyNala97 It really is magical! I'm super anxious at the moment! My first pip was about 29 hours ago, my second at least 17 hours and my latest one just a few hours.I am not impatient as such, just really anxious that they might have trouble hatching. I will be off to bed shortly, up again in about 5 hours, hoping for news!

Yes, @RubyNala97
It really is magical! I'm super anxious at the moment! My first pip was about 29 hours ago, my second at least 17 hours and my latest one just a few hours.I am not impatient as such, just really anxious that they might have trouble hatching. I will be off to bed shortly, up again in about 5 hours, hoping for news!

:fl keep us posted! And don't panic if they need help we can walk you through it!

fl.gif
keep us posted! And don't panic if they need help we can walk you through it!

Good morning, as it is for me!

There is no change at all in my pipped eggs :( I do know it can take a while, but I am really anxious now, having heard the peeping yesterday. I'm also aware that the time I am likely to need urgent advice will be when you guys are all in bed!

So - three pipped eggs.... one being too recent to worry about; But I can't pretend I'm not worried about the first two, esp number one which I first saw35 hours ago. There's been no change for 24 hours when the pip extended a bit.

Should I just let nature take its course?
@RubyNala97
@WVduckchick

3 pips is still progress! I know 35 hours seems like forever!

You can tap the incubator, shine your light on them, talk to them, sing to them, even play YouTube videos of chicks chirping to get responses from them. Hold tight a little while longer, if you can. But you will have to trust your gut if you think one is in trouble.

I'll be around for at least 6 more hours this evening, before going to bed. And I have hatching going on also, so I'll be up a few times overnight, I'm sure lol

Back
Top Bottom