Have to brag about the Musky Babies

Quote:
lol.png

or something like what is in your avatar?
love the pearls by the way.

gig.gif

Studies indicate that inbreeding in Muscovies does not seem to be a problem, at least thru a number of generations. The white head gene is dominate. White head can manifest early on in your duckling or up to a year later.... I've seen both. Early showing probably indicates a doble dose of the gene while the later manifestation indicates 1 dose.

Ours swim in our pool and will stand out in the heaviest downpour but run when I spray the hose to cool them off which I do as if it's light rain coming down(one of our groups of silkies will also not take cover in a rainstorm, actually the opposite, they come out of the coop!)...

Usually you can tell if a bird is going to be a whitehead as it will have white feathers interspersed throughout the normal color of the head. This can take a over a year, if my memory is correct. I'm thinking some birds don't get a full white head until they're 2 or thereabouts.

Your little duckies are sooo cute, and if I were closer I would buy all of them.....I really want the chocolate ones..anyone know of anyone in Va. that has some???

Back
Top Bottom