have to incubate! Help please

shardean

Chirping
7 Years
May 12, 2012
Sequim, Washington
Ok my brody hen has so many eggs under her she can't cover them! So tonight I am taking some and putting then in my bator...since it's bee a long time since I have done this I forgot temp and humidity range...I'm thinking temp needs to be around 99-100 and humidity? 50-60? Also moving the hen, actually 2 hens she does have a helper. But have to get them away from the rest of the hens because the other hens keep laying on the nest the one hen is sitting! Got the new nest ready...going to make 2 nests one for each of the hens or should I just do one and let them keep sharing?

Whew so many questions!! I only know about temp and humidity, maybe someone else can chime in with the nest and eggs question.
Temp 99.5 for circulating air. Some people say up to 102 for still air, I keep my still airs around 101. Humidity needs to be around 40%, then bump up to 65-70% for hatching. Now remember each person has their own way of doing things, this is from everything I have read and it's what I do.

Whew so many questions!! I only know about temp and humidity, maybe someone else can chime in with the nest and eggs question.
Temp 99.5 for circulating air. Some people say up to 102 for still air, I keep my still airs around 101. Humidity needs to be around 40%, then bump up to 65-70% for hatching. Now remember each person has their own way of doing things, this is from everything I have read and it's what I do.
please read sally sunshines hatching 101 in my signature below. the wheel has been invented
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom