Have you ever had a nice rooster?

My avatar is him with his twin brother their names are/where Jack Sparrow (little one and the one who died) and Furly

027.JPG

Answer: Yes :)
Buddy enjoys riding on my shoulder, being snuggled, being held, and being around me in general. Although, they are very much so my pets, and were hand raised. Ive considered teaching them tricks too. Not all roosters are going to be friendly, it depends on their temperament. I actually had a silkie rooster that I had to cull for being way too aggressive, to everyone. Which I hear silkies aren't typically like that... So there it is!

Enjoy
~M

Attachments

• IMG_5679.png
    IMG_5679.png
    667.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5478.JPG
    IMG_5478.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 3
All of my Light Sussex cocks were gentlemen. Gentle with people and gentle and Noble with the female chickens. I had to watch them at feeding time as they always let the girls go first. Oh how they loved to cluck to the girls they had found a tasty tidbit for the girls to enjoy!!
Best,
Karen

I know that it's par for the course for roosters to be pretty mean and aggressive, especially the older they get But have you ever had a nice rooster that would say let you pet him was friendly etc.?

We have six Nankin Bantam Roos - and they're all as sweet as can be! They can all be caught and held easily. Three of them tolerate petting, while the other three actually ask for it. All will sit easily on a shoulder as we work around the yard or coop. They sit on your knee on the porch (At least one likes lemonade - which I promptly tossed out!) My favorite sleeps on my shoulder while I work on the computer ... yes, he comes inside! The best part is that all of our Nannies will walk on a leash. The reactions we get from passers-by are priceless! Nankins are the BEST! They're hard to find, but they are so worth the extra search effort!

I had a nice rooster once, but I think it was only because He was new to the flock and not yet fully grown. Yes, that is also how he died. Stupid, I know. He was my little dude, The only one who loved me.:hit
View attachment 1311549
He loved to cuddle, Play, and He would even hide behind me whenever I came in the coop.
Awww, that makes me sad for you. Sounds like he was a gem & a handsome young fellow.

Back
Top Bottom