Have you ever smelled your chickens?

Quote:
lau.gif
All my dogs smell like fritos too!
gig.gif
After reading this thread, I was out with the chickens, thinking about the post that said her chickens smelled like cherios, and I could smell the fritos again!
gig.gif
I am glad that I am not the only one who smells fritos, do you think it could be from all the corn that they eat? They are corn chips after all!
lau.gif

I finally went out & smelled my chickens after seeing this post for a while now. Matter of fact I smelled a couple of them. One of them smelled like dirt guess she had just taken a bathe.The other one had an earthy smell kind of neutral smell .

Wow. People smell their chickens? I never even pick mine up. I think it's because my dh keeps insisting they carry diseases and won't let my daughter pick up the chickens anymore!
hu.gif
I don't like it when she picks them up either because it just seems like one quick peck and she could lose an eyeball.

I am crazy about my birds. But I have never sniffed them. Maybe I'm weird.

lau.gif

Quote:
Some of us have friendlier chickens than others. When you are holding them under your chin, you can't help but notice how nice they smell. I can't imagine NOT handling mine. I taught my granddaughter to just don't look them in the eyes if they are close to her face; no problems.
55921_holding.jpg

Back
Top Bottom