Having big trouble with my order from SUREHATCH! Would not recommend ordering from them!

BetsyB0101

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 30, 2011
Southwest Missouri
I ordered a new Sportsman 1502 Incubator from Surehatch. I also ordered plastic egg racks for three sizes of eggs and a see through door for the incubator that was extra. I received my incubator, and two sizes of egg racks. Still missing the chicken sized egg racks and the plastic door. They do not answer their customer service phone number, I have left messages. I have emailed them twice, once was five days ago and again today, with no answers. I am contacting the Better Business Bureau if I do not get answers soon. I spent $800+ and they cant even return my phone calls. I hope that by posting this is I save someone else from going through the headache that I am going through!

This is the second post with problems- seems to be a theme- I even called them at the 1-888-350-2221 and got a person right away, they knew of the other problem and had resent the tracking number to that person, and seemed really apologetic...

That is the number I have tried and can't get anyone! I wonder why... I have even tried different times of the day and still no luck. I hope they fix this problem they seem to be having!

I just had problems with something chicken related i ordered last week. it wasn't $800+ but it was expensive, I got a tracking number for my mailed item, but the tracking number wasn't good, i got on line to the website, got the number called it, it said they changed numbers, called that one, then they said they don't answer calls and you have to email them. so i did that. nothing. then i emailed them a NOT SO NICE email and also explained i am a part of an on line poultry site, and how much i would lovvvvve to let the members there know what great customer service i had instead of a bad review....

BAM.... answers. hahahaha. i got a tracking number and my package was here in 2 days.

its amazing what a well written almost threatening email can do now a days.

BTW, not the same site. but wanted to share, i feel your pain. and thanks for the heads up. I do read reviews here before buying thing almost every time.

Melissa~

Thank you FireTigeris! I looked at that thread and found a phone number for GQF manufacturing. Come to find out, SureHatch takes orders but doesn't ship anything. They send the order to GQF and they ship it from there. GQF found my order and let me know that my other items are on backorder and should be here this week. There is some very scary information about SureHatch on here if you search it. Lots and lots of people very upset with their service, with stories like mine or worse!! Thank goodness I even got my incubator! I hope more people get this information BEFORE they order from SureHatch!

GRRRR!!!!!!!
somad.gif

I placed the order for the Sportsman 1502 on 04/06. This was after trying to get ahold of SureHatch for WEEKS - by email, by phone... I couldn't place the order online because for some reason, it wouldn't accept my credit card. After I FINALLY got ahold of the Customer Service at Surehatch, she informed me that the website was having issues and she would take the order over the phone.

I should've known it would be a mess just from that....
he.gif

She assured me that I would receive my incubator and trays on 04/11. She emailed me a tracking number - which works great on the website.

So, my DH gets anxious this morning. He calls UPS, FedEx and USPS - those are not a tracking number for ANY of those companies. He's furious!! I'm furious!! I've send mulitple emails - no response!! Mulitple phone calls - no answer!!

I only ordered from them because they were having a sale on the incubator. I read the reviews on the incubator (great reviews btw), but not on here first.

DO NOT ORDER FROM SUREHATCH!!! Also, if you're having issues getting your incubator, please call GQF directly at 912-236-0651.

I hope I get the incubator and supplies soon.
fl.gif

Yep, and so the problems with this company continues. I had a terrible time getting an incubator from them. In the end, I never received any kind of apology. The only time I was able to talk to someone on the phone it was when they were called me to request that I resolve the PayPal dispute I filed so they could get paid. No apology for all the trouble even then. IMO they should not have a link on BYC. Very unprofessional.

I wish I had seen the these BYC threads about Surehatch before I placed my order, as I am now having similar issues with them. This is the shadiest business I have ever personally encountered.

I also ordered the GQF 1502 + accessories, to the tune of $800

I placed the order and paid through paypal on 5/22. After three weeks I still had not received a shipping confirmation email. I've ordered other chicken supplies this spring and had to wait for several items on backorder, so I figured that was the case here and finally sent them an email on 6/13 asking for an estimated shipping date.

The rep who replied said that most orders normally ship out within 5 days and she would check on it for me. More than 10 days later I had heard nothing back from them. I decided to cut my losses and cancel the order and get my money back.

I sent that email on 6/25 and the same rep replied on 6/26 that my ordered had been canceled and a refund would be issued to my paypal account.

Today I get a "credit memo" from them with the following accounting:

Subtotal $705.98
Shipping & Handling $91.21
Adjustment Fee $23.42
Grand Total $773.77

I originally paid them $797.19 (705.98+91.21). So I guess the "adjustment fee" is how much they think I owe them for holding on to my $800 for more than a month and NOT SENDING ME ANYTHING! Nevermind that my incubation plans have been totally disrupted by this BS...

I intend to get the full amount of my payment to them refunded and have opened a paypal dispute for the transaction. I just hope that I'm successful.

Stay away from this company!

Back
Top Bottom