Hawaiian quail adventure.

IMG_20180327_153333.jpg
IMG_20180327_153347.jpg
managed to snipe an ebay auction on a cheap chinese quail plucker. Our current batch of chicks are now 3 weeks old and we can tell the roos from our hens. 3 more weeks and ill be able to give this cheap plucker a test run. Also collecting eggs for our next hatch. We are going to try amd keep a monthly hatch as the sale of eggs covers the cost of feed for our layers and to raise more chicks for meat.

at five weeks old do you think its too late to switch to the auto watering cups?
Never too late to switch to those cups.just keep their old water in for a few days after you install the auto watering cups and make sure to fill the cups by depressing the dispenser with a finger the firat few days. They will figure it out. Once one bird starts using it the rest will follow soon.

Never too late to switch to those cups.

I agree. I had a batch of babies who went from the standard quart sized round chick waterer to horizontal nipples on a 5 gallon bucket, literally within 5 minutes. I did not even need to show them how. Same with the adults who I had switched over a few weeks prior.

Back
Top Bottom