Hawaiian quail adventure.

Most of them hatched. We got an 86% hatch rate.

Attachments

• Resized_20180116_095951_5160.jpeg
    Resized_20180116_095951_5160.jpeg
    365.6 KB · Views: 8
We used a mini jet lighter to gently heat the plastic on the racks and bend it inward were eggs would normally rub. All of them turn perfect now without pressing, rubbing or breaking our eggs.
Awesome idea!! I could have used this like 5 hatches ago!!! As soon as my next batch hatch the plastic is getting melted down!!
Congratulations on the new babies!!

Ok
Awesome idea!! I could have used this like 5 hatches ago!!! As soon as my next batch hatch the plastic is getting melted down!!
Congratulations on the new babies!!
Yeah the jumbo eggs are pretty large. I had a few get cracks and pinch when in the turner. Easy mod to eliminate the issue but be careful. Hot plastic can burn you easily. If you have a thick rubber or a metal thimble it will shield you from the heat and allow the right amount of pressure to bend the sidewalls without cracking them. Good luck on your next batch.

Ok

Yeah the jumbo eggs are pretty large. I had a few get cracks and pinch when in the turner. Easy mod to eliminate the issue but be careful. Hot plastic can burn you easily. If you have a thick rubber or a metal thimble it will shield you from the heat and allow the right amount of pressure to bend the sidewalls without cracking them. Good luck on your next batch.
Thanks! Hopefully the last until mine start laying their own to do the same as you.
Alot of my Coturnix eggs i get were a little bigger then the rest and have had the same issue.
But great idea to fix the issue!

IMG_20180124_063216.jpg
a Little late but here they are about 9 days old and ready to go from the brooder to my grow out pen. Little guys were needing water changes 2-3 times per day so it will be nice to have them on the auto watering cups in the growout pen.

Back
Top Bottom