Hawk attack, back of neck

Wow, she's still laying?? What a trooper. Fifi was just coming out of a hard molt, so I'm not surprised she's not laying. Seems a bit more perky today. I managed to pluck some of the feathers around the wound, and a friend is coming over tonight so I can do the rest. I hope she's still on the mend!

Here she is, still hanging in there!
Yes, I brought her some fresh dirt and grass to scratch and peck through... Don't judge :rolleyes:
Screenshot_20171117-203303.png
Screenshot_20171117-203228.png

I think they are 825mg ( I'll check when I get home) She seems to be doing fine. Eating, drinking, poop is normal, and she laid another egg today (3 eggs since saturday) and they have all been perfectly normal as well. Would it hurt to give her antibiotic just to be safe? Or should I wait?
That sounds more like Clavamox. The dosage and frequency is a little different than plain amoxicillin. She looks like she is feeling good, pecking on her sod pie.

Y'all were right! Chickens are amazingly resilient. We opted out of stitching it up, and decided not to give her an antibiotic. She recovered 100% except for a little bald spot on the back of her neck.. maybe I'll knit her a scarf for the winter ;) Thank you all soooo very much for all your help! Here she is....
20171217_160331.jpg
20171217_160335.jpg
20171217_160342.jpg

Aren't they amazing at healing. I always say leave them be, it's hard for people to do nothing, but often letting nature do it's thing is the best thing. She looks great.

Back
Top Bottom