Health of Journey

Hemmywife

Chirping
Jun 14, 2020
Hi everyone,
I have shown a couple of updates on journey. She’s very talkative and wants to play. She’s getting probiotics and vitamin water. My question is, can I give her oats? She’s still pretty full in the belly. I feel bad because she looks miserable.
She’s the one that has her beak in the ground. That’s how she sleeps plus she’ll sleep standing up

Attachments

• D1046EFE-0E1F-4DFB-9F79-9FF366A32D8F.jpeg
    D1046EFE-0E1F-4DFB-9F79-9FF366A32D8F.jpeg
    773.2 KB · Views: 12
Here’s the latest update on Journey. She’s more alert than she was couple of days ago. Her siblings stay next to her and take care of her even help preen her. She’s eat dry food, drink water and vitamin water, she also has been given probiotics in her food and water as well. I checked on her this morning and she would step then lay back down. It’s too hard for her to walk. We don’t have any poultry vets around and I’m not confident enough to drain her myself and neither is my husband. I don’t know what else to do. 😞

Does anyone have a picture as to where to drain a duck of water belly? I know it’s on the lower right but is there an exact spot?

Sorry to hear your duck is having problems.

Could you provide us with some more information?

How long has she been like this? What is she being fed? Could you post a picture of her abdominal area? How does it feel? What kind of vitamins have you been giving? Could you post a video of her trying to walk? Do her legs seem to bend properly? Any more information about her would be helpful.

Sorry to hear your duck is having problems.

Could you provide us with some more information?

How long has she been like this? What is she being fed? Could you post a picture of her abdominal area? How does it feel? What kind of vitamins have you been giving? Could you post a video of her trying to walk? Do her legs seem to bend properly? Any more information about her would be helpful.
My husband and I drained fluid that was yellowish from her belly. Her energy has improved over night. We plan to drain more from her belly later today. There is one thing she is not able to do. When she preens herself after playing in the water she gets out to preen and oil her feathers, though she can’t reach her oils. What can I do?

Back
Top Bottom