Healthy Muscovy Drake Weak Joints

kbray

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 7, 2014
Hello I have a Muscovy drake who's leg's seem to be giving out on him he never hits the ground or anything there's no other symptoms but when he stops walking or is walking slowly I can see his legs move back and forth as if its giving out or like popping there's no noise though but they move like they are weak any suggestions?

A vet would probably be best, two possibilities are infection, nutrition deficiency. A third might be metal toxicity.

There is a sticky (see link in blue letters at top of duck forum) describing symptoms of metal toxicity.

The infection could be parasites, bacteria or fungi - each one requires different treatment.

For nutrition, feed a good basic feed, and add poultry vitamins to the water once a week.

That's all I can think of right now.

OK I was thinking a niacin deficiency would it hurt the other duck's if I add poultry vitamins to their water if they don't need it?

Yes I know it's a b vitamin I had one of my ducklings that had a niacin deficiency and nursed her back to health and Going Quakers I'm not sure of his age the guy I got him from didn't have any Muscovy's and then all of a sudden he did and said he knew nothing about him but my best guess would be no more than 2 years if that and they are on a all flock feed

Back
Top Bottom